Reporting Fraudulent Buyers?

Darin Berdinka

Mu-43 Regular
I had an item listed for sale here. A buyer (from FL of course) contacted me through pm's. We negotiated a price and he claimed to have made payment. I boxed the item up and of course checked that payment had occurred via Paypal. The buyer had paid $1. On contact their bizarre reply indicates intent to try and defraud. Refunded their $1. Disappointing as mu-43 seems like a real community. Is there a process here for reporting this sort of behavior? Couldn't track anything down. Thanks.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Leave feedback for the person. Click on their avatar, then "view trading profile" then "add feedback".

bmhome1

just an old pro
Real Name
Bruce
For new members or those who have never used the Buy/Sell forum I would like to point out that in my four years here this is the first bad transaction ever reported.

On the contrary, I've purchased the majority of my outfit from members here. Every single transaction experience was some of the best I've ever had. Members here are the nicest group to deal with anywhere on the web.

Again, without precedence.

Shuttershock

Mu-43 Regular
@Darin Berdinka
I wasnt being fraudaulent. Sent you a screen shot of my pp transaction. I may have sent it to the wrong person.
Do need this settled. I may have sent my payment to a different recipient. Was intended for JamesD.
Anyways im one out of money right now. Ill wait for JamesD reply.
P.S. Im and FL transplant from NYC.

Last edited:

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Hi,
Please use the Report link within the conversation, and the moderators will look into it.
Thanks!

I want to clarify what Barry has written here. In some cases, moderators may take an action such as banning a suspicious person from participating further on the board. But we do not mediate, arbitrate, intervene, or otherwise remedy any member disputes or other conflicts which come up through Buy & Sell.

As per our clear Terms of Service, all transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. We do not actively patrol this board for fraud, and we are not responsible for arbitrating any disputes which arise. It is a member to member board which we provide for use within those specified Terms. For any other questions related to this, please see our Terms of Service.

Latest threads

Top Bottom