1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Report on two Contax-to-m43 adapters

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Charles2, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Charles2

Charles2 Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2010
    These adapaters are for lenses made for the ordinary bayonet mount on Contax cameras with manual focus, not the auto-focus Contax G cameras.

First adapter from rainbowimaging on eBay is labeled "Contax/Yashica--m4/3" and works with one small exception: one of my lenses is a bit loose, although it appears to work fine, no loss of focus.

Because of the loose play with one lens, I bought a second adapter from fotogearhk on eBay, labeled "CY-G1." All my lenses fit tight. First test shots were out of focus. I discovered that the distance scales on the lenses are wrong with this adapter. A 50mm lens will do infinity focus but at approximately the 25-foot mark. A 28mm lens will do infinity focus at approximately the 12-foot mark. This adapter is 2-3mm shorter than the first one.

Have taken only a few test shots. Am I likely to find more problems?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.