1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Replacement viewfinder cups for Panasonic

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Luckypenguin, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Out of curiousity, does anyone know if it possible to buy the standard rubber viewfinder cup as a seperate part for the Panasonic G and GH series cameras in case it ever gets lost? This one (on my GH1) seems to be attached firmly enough for now but it does get dislodged slightly every now and then when taking it in and out of a bag. I lost one of these on a Canon years ago, although it turned up in the bottom of a backpack about six months later!

2. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

It will not get lost, because if you look on the bottom its held on with two screws. If anything it will get damaged because of that. Like mind did , Yes i noticed it getting ever so slightly dislodge often and i would smooth it back in place, until one day i noticed a tear in it and began to ask around for the part. I called Panasonic parts and left a message that was sent to "research" as they called it , because the agent did not know the part number or the specific name. They called back 3 days later and left a message on my answering machine with the proper name and part number. My parents were nice enough to erase the message for me, as they worry about the machine filling up (even tho the digital recorder can hold 60 hours of recordings) with messages and they might miss an important message. Al-tho they already have about 20messages they have saved forever from my sisters kids.
    They wrote the part name and number somewhere for me but they misplaced it but they remembered it said the part was 12 dollars (USD)
    I never bothered calling back again and just put a tiny piece of cellophane tape over the tear. It lasted for about 3 months and i just had to put a new piece on, but i think i might call back soon for the part again and buy one.