1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Replacement Strap Connector for E-M5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by demiro, Sep 13, 2012.

1. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Update: Olympus is of no help on this. They don't show any replacement parts available for the E-M5. Off to ebay. Not surprising I guess.

Does anyone have any ideas where to purchase the triangular connectors that are used to attach strap to the E-M5?

I will call Olympus, but I don't see them as a part or accessory on their web site. Hell, I'm not even sure what they are called.

Any help finding where to purchase would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. demiro

Nov 7, 2010
    I can find metal triangle split rings, but nothing with the plastic pieces as seen on the E-M5.

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    They're called strap lugs. I don't see them listed at the Olympus online store, but you could call them. Alternatively, there are plenty of straps that use different lugs.

DH

• Like Like x 1
  4. demiro

Nov 7, 2010
    I was planning to call them in the AM, but figured someone here may have already figured this out. My problem is I sold the camera sans lugs. I wasn't first owner - don't think they were on when I rec'd camera. Anyway, I want to be able to provide the correct lugs to my buyer.

Thanks.

5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Perhaps the buyer doesn't even want them. Many people get annoyed by these rings and pull them off. I would check with him and see if he cares before bending over backwards trying to get a part that may be very hard to get. I have seen these rings with the plastic part for Canon and Nikon listed on ebay but none seem to be on right now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Firedogg

Firedogg Have cash, will spend

Hi Dean,

I believe I may able to help you.

I had the same problem when I bought my E-P1 second hand. No Strap or Strap Rings.

I found them on Ebay UK from an Olympus Authorised spare parts centre, Lutons Camera.

The prices aren't too bad, seeing as how no-one else can get hold of them.

Here's the Ebay link:
    OLYMPUS Strap "Rings" and Covers (pair) for E-400, E-410, E-420 & E-450 & PEN | eBay

Or you can try ordering directly from their online store:
    OLYMPUS Strap "Rings" and Covers (pair) for E-400, E-410, E-420 & E-450, PEN E-P1, E-P2, E-P3, E-PL1, E-PL2, E-PL3 & E-PM1

They're very professional with quick postage. All products are genuine olympus with a few nice custom accessories (eg, PEN wrapping case which I am eyeing off - OLYMPUS PEN Wrapping Case (EAN 4017386110007) FOR E-P1, E-P2, E-P3, E-PL1, E-PL2, E-PL3, E-PM1).

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  7. demiro

Nov 7, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  8. demiro

Nov 7, 2010
    He does. To your point, I'm pretty sure I rec'd the camera without the rings and never even realized it. I don't use a strap though, so it never was an issue.

9. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    So where can I buy these? I might buy an OMD without those parts.

10. demiro

Nov 7, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.