Replacement hotshoe cover for GF1?

grum

Mu-43 Regular
Due to being an idiot I now no longer have the hotshoe cover - anyone know if you an get replacements? I looked on ebay but they were only to cover the top part not the lvf connection bit on the back.

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
I think you can oder them straight from your local panasonic rep. They will gladly sell you a few, and if I remember correctly they won't even cost that much.

Glenn S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I got a couple from my local Panasonic shop, he had to order them and two cost £12!!

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran
Damn… I heard someone on DPreview got them for few pounds each…

Can be just my memory, or your retailer :D

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
Try eBay.

Personally, I wouldn't think it is an essential piece of kit. I have my hotshoe cover in a small zip lock bag with rest of the collection of small and useless camera bits.

grum

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks everyone - have looked on ebay and seen the generic covers. I was wanting to get one that covers the EVF slot too, but maybe I don't need to worry about it.

Will try the place I got my GF1 from anyway and see how much they want.

jmacpix

Mu-43 Regular
The hotshoe doesn't really need to be covered but the LVF connection probably should be. I use a small piece of black gaffer tape. Works a treat and the real gaffer tape, available in most high end photo shops doesn't leave any sticky mess either.

Cheers

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom