Replacement hotshoe cover for GF1?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by grum, Jun 1, 2010.

1. grum

grum Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2010
    Due to being an idiot I now no longer have the hotshoe cover - anyone know if you an get replacements? I looked on ebay but they were only to cover the top part not the lvf connection bit on the back.

2. Krang

Krang Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    I think you can oder them straight from your local panasonic rep. They will gladly sell you a few, and if I remember correctly they won't even cost that much.

3. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    I got a couple from my local Panasonic shop, he had to order them and two cost £12!!

4. Krang

Krang Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Damn… I heard someone on DPreview got them for few pounds each…

Can be just my memory, or your retailer :D

5. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Try eBay.

Personally, I wouldn't think it is an essential piece of kit. I have my hotshoe cover in a small zip lock bag with rest of the collection of small and useless camera bits.

6. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

How about B&H?

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Generic covers will do the job. I've even heard of a slice of old credit card works - now that's a serious treatment for GAS.

I think these should work.

8. grum

grum Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2010
    Thanks everyone - have looked on ebay and seen the generic covers. I was wanting to get one that covers the EVF slot too, but maybe I don't need to worry about it.

Will try the place I got my GF1 from anyway and see how much they want.

9. jmacpix

jmacpix Mu-43 Regular

The hotshoe doesn't really need to be covered but the LVF connection probably should be. I use a small piece of black gaffer tape. Works a treat and the real gaffer tape, available in most high end photo shops doesn't leave any sticky mess either.

Cheers