Replacement for Olympus Charger Cord

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kschles, Apr 1, 2016.

1. kschles

kschles Mu-43 Regular

Jul 3, 2010
    Laurel, MD; USA
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 2
  2. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    I bought a couple of "duckheads" that are like the ones that come with Apple MacBook chargers that work well with the Olympus chargers. Using these, I can plug my OMD chargers directly into the wall. And, the prongs fold up so it takes up little space.

2pc New OEM Duckhead for Apple 10w 12w 45w 60w 85w Macbook Pro Air Retina Power Adapter Ship From USA
    by Apple
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    I just bought a 3p "plug directly into the wall' charger. Works great and no cable to fuss with. Was cheap too.
  4. RachelleK

RachelleK Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 18, 2014
    I tried my Mac plug and the plug end is not long enough to get past the charger case to be able to plug into a vertical wall socket. The SF Cable one works fine.
  5. Drdul

Drdul Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2015
    Vancouver, BC
    I use a 1-foot power cord like this in place of the 6-foot cord that Olympus supplies (the Amazon link is to a $7 cord, but I have found similar 1-foot cords for just a couple of bucks).

Edit: This place sells the cords at a much more reasonable price (I have no experience with this store, I just like the price).
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. runner girl

runner girl Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2011
    I just separate my iPad charger square and use it for my olympus charger. I have an extra for my ipad anyway. Works well for travel as I can use one charger plug for two things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. jimr.pdx

jimr.pdx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    near Longview ~1hr from PDX
    Jim R
    I've just picked up a charger that works via USB - this means I can charge in the car, at home, or using my little solar panel pack that has charged my phone in bright but distant locales :cloud-9-039:

this one
  8. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Mine does reach far enough. I guess YMMV.
  9. yendikeno

yendikeno Mu-43 Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    Yep, I do the same.
  10. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    While probably not a lot cheaper, but an option for anyone who wants to do it RIGHT NOW ;) , your local hardware store sells replacement "lamp" plugs for a couple bucks. You can then cut down a long cord to whatever length you prefer and put on the replacement plug. I made a "travel" cord this way.
  11. Thai-Mike

Thai-Mike Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2016
    I use an old iPhone4 charger

charger. charger_1. charger_2.
    • Like Like x 2