Replacement eyecup for VF-4

Pav

Mu-43 Regular
hello everyone :)
my eyecup for the VF-4 has gone awol, absolutely no idea where it may be.
i cant seem to find a replacement on ebayor the like, i was wondering if anyone had a part number, or know where to potentially obtain a replacement? or.... another alternative perhaps?
thank you :)

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
I found the eyecup on the VF-4 not substantial enough so I fabricated my own out of Sugru (Kintsuglue also works)
Surprisingly the silicon putty sticks like the proverbial sh*t to a blanket and have been using it for the last couple of years

Pav

Mu-43 Regular
I found the eyecup on the VF-4 not substantial enough so I fabricated my own out of Sugru (Kintsuglue also works)
Surprisingly the silicon putty sticks like the proverbial sh*t to a blanket and have been using it for the last couple of years
interesting, do you have any images posted on here of the sugru mod? thanks mate

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
interesting, do you have any images posted on here of the sugru mod? thanks mate
Here are some quick mobile phone snaps. I shaped the shade with my fingers first, used the back of a butter knife to smooth it a bit and once cured a bit of fine sandpaper to take away the "shine".
Not the prettiest but certainly works very well for me

IMG20201028064955.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

IMG20201028065021.jpg

IMG20201028065039.jpg

Pav

Mu-43 Regular
thanks for that, it looks great! however seems like you attached it to the existing eyecup. i'd rather do that than have it stock directly to the viewfinder itself.

on another note, a service centre in new zealand has one!

if i lived in new zealand they would take 25 dollars including shipping...... because im in australia..... they want $125.

due to currency conversion fees etc. they dont have paypal, or take credit cards, just cash or bank transfer. which seems odd.

do we have any new zealand members that would purchase it and post it to me and i pay them in advance? haha.

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
thanks for that, it looks great! however seems like you attached it to the existing eyecup. i'd rather do that than have it stock directly to the viewfinder itself.

on another note, a service centre in new zealand has one!

if i lived in new zealand they would take 25 dollars including shipping...... because im in australia..... they want $125.

due to currency conversion fees etc. they dont have paypal, or take credit cards, just cash or bank transfer. which seems odd.

do we have any new zealand members that would purchase it and post it to me and i pay them in advance? haha.
$100 for posting a tiny item? it seems a total rip-off. But it could be very much the case, coz you know: Covid.
There are almost no planes flying between countries at the moment and the , for example, Australian Postal service will only send parcels via sea, at the moment. I imagine a similar situation in New Zealand
Our office regularly sends small parcels to Europe and the minimum charge is over $100, by DHL courier, which is the only way to get them there in a reasonable time.
Maybe is worth having @Bushboy chime in and see if really NZ post is in the same situation as AusPost

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Yup. I could sort it.
I have a boat. Tasman Sea is 1200 NM across...
At 6 knots, that is 72 something to get it personally delivered....
I’ve always wanted to sail away on a big adventure!

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
A plane flew over my place a couple of days ago, headed your way. If you get it courier to my place, a rural delivery charge of about $8NZ. I’ll send it over to ya, but I don’t know what that’ll cost. I can find out next Tuesday, when I go into town?

Pav

Mu-43 Regular
Yup. I could sort it.
I have a boat. Tasman Sea is 1200 NM across...
At 6 knots, that is 72 something to get it personally delivered....
I’ve always wanted to sail away on a big adventure!
perfect, I'll be awaiting your arrival with a few cartons of beer and some gourmet pies. haha

Pav

Mu-43 Regular
A plane flew over my place a couple of days ago, headed your way. If you get it courier to my place, a rural delivery charge of about $8NZ. I’ll send it over to ya, but I don’t know what that’ll cost. I can find out next Tuesday, when I go into town?
thanks very much for the kind offer.
I cant pay for it however, they wont accept an international bank transfer, nor do they take paypal, or credit card. they say they are not geared up to post internationally. i think their way of saying 'too much effort'
So the only solution would be. I would have to paypal you the money, and you would need to order it and get it sent to your address. and then posted to me...... pain in the butt i know. and i completely understand if it's too much hassle for you....

gnarlydog australia

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Damiano Visocnik
thanks very much for the kind offer.
I cant pay for it however, they wont accept an international bank transfer, nor do they take paypal, or credit card. they say they are not geared up to post internationally. i think their way of saying 'too much effort'
So the only solution would be. I would have to paypal you the money, and you would need to order it and get it sent to your address. and then posted to me...... pain in the butt i know. and i completely understand if it's too much hassle for you....
if @Bushboy can't do it, how about a Freight Forwarder, like Pack&Send
Here is a quick quote I did on their site

1604028557276.png

Pav

Mu-43 Regular
the biggest issue is they basically dont want me to do an international bank transfer, they have more or less stated they arent geared up to do it, and i should look elsewhere, which means i cant pay for it from over here. in this modern age of technology, why they only take cash or bank transfer is beyond me....
but i didnt consider they freight forwarding company, thank you.

i've also emailed every single olympus service centre worldwide, see if i get a single response back... haha

djtaylor7

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David

If Bushboy cannot, I am sure I could help you. Do you want to PM me the details.

Latest threads

Top Bottom