1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Replace or return OMD?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by ice_man, Jan 8, 2013.

1. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
    Hi,

I am really enjoying this camera but I hate the green tint on the screen. It just doesn't happen on the live view, but on the playback as well.

It's like you take a raw photo and add about 10 to 20 on green.

It's very hard to determine the correct color when your viewing it. It has no green tint on the computer.

Need your help on this guys. What do you suggest I do?

Tapatalk.

2. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    If you look straight at the screen most of the green tint goes away. Hold it at an angle and it looks green. Use an E-PL5 for a few days and you'll love the OM-D when you go back to it. :rolleyes:

3. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
    Yeah, I shot it side by side with my 5D with the same settings and then play it back.. the omd screen just screams GREEN all over...

So, even if I replace this unit. It would still have the same green tint problem?

4. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    M@
    I only notice a slight green cast to the screen if you're looking downward at it. Looking straight on to it looks normal.

/ <------

vs

| <-----

5. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
    Looking straight at it, I still can see a slight green tint. Gets worse at an angle.

Try viewing it in side by side with any other cameras in live view and playback. I tried with my Canon, OMG. The screen is just too green.

I just wanna know if this is normal. I got this from Ritz and I only have until tomorrow to get a refund or replacement for their 10 days return policy. I just want to exchange this if it has a problem.

Can anyone confirm?

6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I don't see any green at all on my LCD's (I have two OM-D's). Have you compared your OM-D to another OM-D?

7. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Neither of mine have any problems with a colour tint. I'd return it for exchange. Just make sure you didn't accidentally change the colour/brightness settings for the EVF or LCD first.

Gordon

8. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Are you under fluorescent light alot? The OLED screen goes really green under certain lighting.

9. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    I've never noticed any green tint issue with my OMD's screen either. Just tried looking at it from an angle, and it turned blue-greyish (losing saturation).

10. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
    I haven't tried comparing it to another one since the store only has one. I'll try to compare it to another olympus camera with OLED tomorrow when I drop by Ritz in Magnolia.

I did compare it to my 5D. The OMD screen was puking green. Lol.

11. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z
    Yeah that's a given. But when I try with natural light, it still the same. Although a little bit better.

12. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    I learned to completely ignore the green tint just like I ignore the slight whirring noise of the image stabilization system. Every make and model of camera has an idiosyncrisy or two.

13. ice_man

ice_man Mu-43 Regular

Dec 19, 2012
    Socal
    Z

I guess this comes as a downside from switching and have used canon for the longest time.

Old habits die hard. I was spoiled by canon's lcd, and I check the color more rather than chimp. :rolleyes:

14. LeoS

LeoS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2012
    You need to update to firmware v1.5 to get rid of the cntinuous gyroscope whirr.

15. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    We can meet halfway if you like ... say Chino. They have a very nice aircraft museum at the airport, Planes of Fame, if you like that stuff. I'll bring my OM-D's.

Gary

Planes of Fame