1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

renting the 75-300 with the oly EM10... can't wait!

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by pcake, Feb 20, 2015.

1. pcake

pcake Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2010
    i want to get a little more zoom than the 45-200, so i rented the panny 100-300 and used it on my G3. i wasn't very happy with it - i used it for hours on a clear sunny day, but the thing just didn't want to focus. i had already planned to try the oly 75-300, but figured as long as it was, without stabilization it would be nice to try it on a stabilized camera. i've been tempted by the EM10, so after some thought, i decided to rent it, too. and now i can't wait for it to get here!

it's not coming till next thursday, and i'm all excited :D

2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I think that you will like it.

It is not it's best at 300mm, but by no means is it horrible. You'll still need plenty of light at that focal length as well, as it is slightly slower at f/6.7 than the Panasonic.

I love mine for the reach you can get with it. 600mm optical field of view and with the OMD cameras, you can use the digital 2x tele converter and get a field of view of 1200mm stabilized. Pretty impressive.

Enjoy it!

3. maritan

maritan Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    And remember to practice good technique especially at the long end. If not, you'll end up with a bunch of blurry pictures. Ask me how I know. :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. pcake

pcake Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2010
    i'll only be using it at fast shutter speeds - faster than 1/1000th - in broad daylight, often for birds in flight. and while it isn't going to be the best at 300mm, it beats not having the option to go past 200mm when it comes to those birds :D