Remove raw files from iPad?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Rig Vader, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Rig Vader

Rig Vader Mu-43 Regular

May 24, 2012
    Hi,

Does anyone know how to use a Windows PC, to get rid of the raw files on an iPad?

The raw files are there, because I've used the Camera Connection Kit. It will transfer jpeg + raw for each photo imported from the Camera (if you've shot both).

Note that I want to keep the jpeg's on the iPad. But the raw files must go, since they take up way to much space.

2. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
    AFAIK, you have to go into the Photos app on the iPad and individually delete each image. If you don't see the raw and jpeg separately, this will delete both.

It's not pretty.

3. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    I just did this on my iPad 3 and gained 4.5 GB's of space.

Plug your iPad into your computer

Go to Windows Explorer (the file folder icon)

Open your iPad

Open the file DCIM

Under DCIM are all your imported photo folders, all mine start with 3 numbers and then have a bunch of letters. They don't seem to be in any order.

Go through each folder and delete the ORF files (Olympus).

Enjoy the new space

4. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Its been a while since I have had an IOS device, but you should also be able to delete the files directly from a file manager app. No need to connect it. There are a few on the app store for free.

5. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    Has anyone found an app that will do this? I just removed more ORF files and it's a hassle. The file aren't chronological, and they all had the same "last modified" and "created" date.