Remote Trigger Stopped Working

Susan G.

Mu-43 Regular
I use the Olympus Remote Cable RM-CB2. Yesterday it stopped working. Tried it in both A and M modes, single frame and sequential low. The trigger is not locked and is plugged in securely. Any thoughts?

Mack

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Could be a broken wire in the cable. If you have an ohmmeter it should be easy to track down. The upper plug connector is the common, and the tip is the focus and middle is the shutter (I think it was that way?). The upper with the meter and using the other end of the two connections when pressing the button should show some sort of continuity.

Might try some cleaner on the plug De-Oxit or similar. Might be the internal jack is splayed out too and not making a connection. Some of the miniature plugs seem tighter than others but I'd think Olympus should b using the proper one. I'm using a Vello wireless for Canon as suggested by someone on here (This: https://www.amazon.com/FreeWave-Wireless-Remote-Shutter-Release/dp/B006BGVRZE ). Works well, but the plug is tight going into the body and I wonder if it may damage the jack in time.

runner girl

Mu-43 Veteran
You could also try to trigger remotely using the O.I.Share app to make sure the issue is in the remote, not some errant camera setting.

Latest threads

Top Bottom