1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Remote shooting Ep1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by lovemyoly, Mar 21, 2013.

1. lovemyoly

lovemyoly Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 7, 2012
    I bought my cam used. I didn't get an instruction manual with it. Is there a way to shoot the EP1 with a remote?

If not, what m43's allow for remote shooting?

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Yes, there are numerous options available for remote shutter release with the E-P1. The official Olympus release is the RM-UC1, but if you look around you'll find many (cheaper) non-OEM options, including some that are wireless.

AFAIK, the only :43: body that doesn't have a remote shutter option is the E-PL1.

BTW, you can download a manual for the E-P1 from Olympus.

3. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    The GF3 doesn't have a remote shutter release support either, though the newer GF5 does.

4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I wondered about some of the GF's when I wrote that, which is why I qualified my statement. Thanks for pointing out my error. :redface:

5. lovemyoly

lovemyoly Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 7, 2012
    Thanks for all the help!

6. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

User manual and stuff can be had here

I use one of these which was pretty cheap. I found the connector a bit flakey.

My 'goto' method is the antishock+rubberband+coin trick ... I forgot who first posted that trick but I do believe it was on this site! Maybe this thread?

For long timelapse the battery fails so rigging an external power for the E-P1 was needed.

Fun stuff - good luck!