1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Remote release for GX-1?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by billgreen, Sep 26, 2012.

1. billgreen

billgreen Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 4, 2012
    Santa Ana, San Jose, Costa Rica
    Bill Green
    Does anyone know which Panasonic remote release will work with the GX-1? When I research on Amazon it is really unclear which one works or even if there is one. :confused: 

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Sawfish

Sawfish Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Denmark
  3. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 All-Pro

Try these options

Any of the Panasonic wired remotes will work. While the styles vary, they all use the same basic circuit. I built this one back in the FZ50 days. The references to the wireless control were for a wireless controller I built for $11 - still using it!

Just substitute some simple normally open push buttons. The connecting cord is easily found at "Dollar Stores" that sell the cheep-e cellular headsets. The old Nokia phones used the same plug. Just cut off the earpiece and wire it up.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/wasabi_bob/5472323149/" title="FZ WIRED WIRING by Wasabi Bob, on Flickr">
    5472323149_facff353b7_n.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    "320" height="218" alt="FZ WIRED WIRING"></a>

4. Oopsydaisy74

Oopsydaisy74 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 6, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Will
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.