remote release for gf1

pcake

Mu-43 Regular
other than the pricy panasonic remote, has anyone here successfully used any of the other ones around ebay or elsewhere on their gf1?

Krang

Mu-43 Veteran

hmpws

Mu-43 Regular
I bought a Chinese timer remote, for time lapse and self portraits. It works great and has many functions.

The only thing is that they sent me one with a 50 cm, cord when I was supposed to have a 5 meter cord : / But at least they refunded me everything and I could keep the remote for free :)

This was the timer, but I bought from a different seller… Timer Remote for Panasonic DMC-GF1 GH1 G1 FZ20 FZ50 L1 - eBay (item 220587140639 end time Jun-08-10 21:03:14 PDT)
Oh that's kind of nice.. My components arrived last week, I am going to make my own one when I get some free time.. probably won't have a timer on it for now.

f6cvalkyrie

Mu-43 All-Pro
I bought a Chinese timer remote, for time lapse and self portraits. It works great and has many functions.

The only thing is that they sent me one with a 50 cm, cord when I was supposed to have a 5 meter cord : / But at least they refunded me everything and I could keep the remote for free :)

This was the timer, but I bought from a different seller… Timer Remote for Panasonic DMC-GF1 GH1 G1 FZ20 FZ50 L1 - eBay (item 220587140639 end time Jun-08-10 21:03:14 PDT)
I bought the same one from a different seller (everybody seems to sell these), and I still haven't been able to make it work reliably :mad:

C U,
Rafael

DavidB

Mu-43 Regular
That's the one I have (different eBay seller, same product). Works fine on my G1, and I've also tested it in a shop on a GF1. One thing I didn't like about the GF1 in this regard is the plastic door that covers the remote/HDMI/USB ports: I'd be worried about it eventually breaking in the field (the G1/etc have a flexible rubber cover).

pawzitiv

Mu-43 Regular

DavidB

Mu-43 Regular
That one should be fine. Obviously the advantages of the fancier ones include the intervalometer (useful for timelapses, and even for bracketed timelapses).

laptoprob

Mu-43 Regular
I had the GF1 and Digilux 2 together for a short period of time. For the wonderful D2 I had the fantastic radiocontrolled remote. It should work on the GF1 too, but it doesn't. Now I have a simple cable remote. Just a switch. Works.

pcake

Mu-43 Regular
thanks! i was looking for one someone had actually used. i found the same folks at u.s. ebay and ordered one :)

I've just received this remote cord and it properly initiates AF at half-press and trips the shutter at full press on the GF1; it also has a lock for timed/bulb exposures. It does everything the Panansonic DMW-RSL1 does at 1/5 the cost.

Remote Shutter Release for Panasonic GF1 G1 as DMW-RSL1 on eBay.ca (item 260604067710 end time 15-Jun-10 05:08:47 EDT)

pcake

Mu-43 Regular
just wanted to mention that the shutter release arrived. it's fairly frills-free, but works great, both for pre-focus and shooting the pics. must be sure it's plugged all the way in - in my case, i originally thought it didn't work, but turned out it just needed to be pushed in just a little further.

i'm pretty stoked :)

thanks! i was looking for one someone had actually used. i found the same folks at u.s. ebay and ordered one :)

Newnan3

Mu-43 Regular

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
And if the one I have would work then it would be free...
- But I agree interval would be nice (if it is not on your camera)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom