Remote flash units for the Gx7

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Benzy, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Benzy

Benzy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 18, 2014
    I am interested in buying an external flash unit to use with my Gx7. I was wondering which flash models work with the remote flash function. Should I only be considering Lumix flash units or is their some standard that is used by Olympus, Vivitar, etc that still TTL metering and remote control with the Gx7

Any suggestions for models I should be considering for light duty family pics would be appreciated.
  2. biomed

biomed Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 22, 2013
    Seattle area
    Either of these will work: Olympus FL-600R or the Panasonic DMW-FL360L. Both of these are manufactured by Panasonic and are virtually identical except for some cosmetics. I have tested both on my GH3 and GX7. Currently the Panasonic is less expensive than the Olympus but this can change. For a more powerful (and expensive) flash Panasonic has the DMW-FL580L. Here is the range of TTL flashes that support the u4/3 wireless function from B&H. The flashes are controlled by the on camera flash. The communication is line of sight.

I am currently using the Panasonic DMW-FL360L and it has performed flawlessly. I usually use a Rogue FlashBender with the flash.

• Like Like x 1