1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Remote flash control

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by melming, Nov 8, 2012.

1. melming

melming New to Mu-43

Jun 24, 2012
    If I use the fl600r flash as a remote flash. Is the a way to make the small flash on the camera not fire? If yes, how do you do it?

2. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    I believe that the light of the small flash is what triggers the remote one, so it has to fire in order to work.

3. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    PA
    Mercurio is correct. The Di-466 has an optical slave mode that will trigger itself when it senses another flash firing. This slave mode is smart enough so you can use it in addition to an on camera TTL flash firing or another non-TTL flash going off.

You could trying turning the flash compensation down all the way on the camera. This might make it less noticeable, but still be able to fire the Di-466. Other than that, you can get a set of cheap but decent wireless radio triggers (wont' do TTL though). I have a set of Cactus v4 from Midwest Photo Exchange Home page and they have worked pretty well over the past few years.

4. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

First WHICH camera?

On the olympus cameras, the main flash on camera has two bursts. First is the communication burst that sends signals to the remote flashes and the second burst is part of the exposure. You can turn off the exposure burst of the main flash on olympus cameras. The main flash will still emit light (communication) but will not fire a burst as part of the exposure.

Read the manual... details.