Remote control options for E-P3?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JJJPhoto, Oct 5, 2011.

1. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
    I'm looking for an aftermarket remote control for the E-P3 that will allow me to trip the shutter (in burst mode) from at least 30 feet away (ideally without a long wire running between me and the camera).

Are there any aftermarket IR remote controls that plug into the USB port on the E-P3 and allow you to take burst shots remotely?

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I've found that any of the remotes that state they work for E-PL2 (and I suspect older models) will also work with the E-P3. The following thread mentions a Vivitar model that supports bursts and is available at B&H for $35ish.

https://www.mu-43.com/f42/wireless-remote-control-e-pl2-16051/

I was looking a few weeks ago, but wanted time lapse functionality also, and the good wireless remotes with that seem to be in the $75 range. I ended up going wired:

Amazon.com: GSI Super Quality Multi-Function Timer Remote Control Shutter for Olympus SP-510 UZ, SP-550 UZ, SP-560 UZ, SP-565 UZ, SP-570 UZ, E400, E410,E420, E510, E520 Cameras, LCD Illuminated Screen, Exceeds the Olympus RM-UC1: Camera & Photo

3. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    How is that remote working for you? I've been thinking to get the same model

4. kundalini

kundalini Mu-43 Regular

Aug 20, 2011
    I contacted Phottix about their remote for the E-P3. The 06 model will work on the E-P3. I have used a Phottix for my Nikons for a few years and think they are worth a look. The unit can be controlled wired or wireless and has ~300' range.

PHOTTIX® CLEON II - Wireless Remotes

5. dgrachee

dgrachee New to Mu-43

Jun 13, 2011
    Philippines
    has anyone used the old RM1 wireless remote? I used it before with my C750UZ. Just thinking if it might work as well with the EPL2.,

6. Jemski

Jemski Mu-43 Regular

Jun 5, 2011
    Philippines
    Jeremy
    Does the E-P3 and E-PL2 have the same slot for the shutter release cable. I am planning to get one soon.

7. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Yes.

8. krugorg

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    The remote is working well, Art. It seems to handle all of the functions properly. I have not yet done any time lapse, though.

[Sorry for the delay in my response!]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.