Remember Me?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by steve, Jan 24, 2012.

1. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    Hi, I'm Steve. I was an early settler here on mu-43. But nearly two years ago, the floor fell out beneath me. In a sloppy effort to get my life back in order, I stopped keeping up with this website, among other things. But now, things have settled and I'm back. I'm really enjoying very much how the community has grown. I've learned so much in the last couple of weeks of reading the boards here. I'm still shooting my GF1 with the 20mm 1.7, and just bought a 45 1.8. I'm sad to say that my Canon gear is gathering dust. Anyway, here's a shot from today. If anyone wants to see more, here's my blog:Steve Margulis Photography

All the best,

• Like Like x 14
  2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Nice shot Steve and welcome back!

Did you do any post-processing on the pic? Really good dynamic range on the photo - the shadow areas show good detail. :thumbup:
  3. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    Thanks, Starlabs. I shot in RAW and punched it up in ACR. This was shot with the 45mm 1.8, which I am learning to love.

4. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Welcome back Steve. Great shot. Looking forward to some other pics.
  5. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Hey Steve. I don't remember you from here, because I wasn't around m43 2 years ago. But I recognize your name. Perhaps from a Canon or other photo forum. Glad you got the floor rebuilt. Look forward to seeing more of your work.
  6. chuckgoolsbee

chuckgoolsbee Mu-43 Regular

Apr 6, 2010
    Bend, Oregon
    Yes, I remember, and welcome back!
  7. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Looks like you are doing GOOD.. nice
  8. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    Had a glance at your blog... Really nice stuff, Steve. i myself came to this group, and back to more serious photography last summer after a 25 year hiatus. Anyway, welcome back to the group. I find it is an interesting and friendly place to visit

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App
  9. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Excellent work!
  10. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Good to see you again Steve. Theres a few originals left still enjoying our m43 cameras.

11. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Don't remember you Steve, but I enjoyed looking at your blog. Do you shoot wedding and stuff with M43 or other gear?

Welcome back!