Relocation of DPReview

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Why did they move from London to the United States ?
Did all personnel join the move, in which town do they have office now ?
Mm, guess I will miss the british humor, the britisch pubs, The Tames, etc.

goldenlight

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
John
Why did they move from London to the United States ?
Did all personnel join the move, in which town do they have office now ?
Mm, guess I will miss the british humor, the britisch pubs, The Tames, etc.
By the nature of their business I would assume that the personnel could be based anywhere in the world as long as they are hooked up to a computer. Moving the company's base could be for cost or tax reasons - or maybe they don't fancy the austerity we appear to be facing for about the next 150 years! :eek:

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
By the nature of their business I would assume that the personnel could be based anywhere in the world as long as they are hooked up to a computer. Moving the company's base could be for cost or tax reasons - or maybe they don't fancy the austerity we appear to be facing for about the next 150 years! :eek:
They can live in the clouds (virtual office). Acc. to me there's no need to move from good old England to the States.

Bill Gordon

Mu-43 Top Veteran
They can live in the clouds (virtual office). Acc. to me there's no need to move from good old England to the States.
To be quite honest, they have been living in a cloud for a long time, very biased against Olympus for some reason or other, probably because canikon spends more money on advertising. Yes, Amazon now owns it....I wonder if Simon and that other fella who originally owned it have pulled up stakes and moved....if they did they are nuts!

pxpaulx

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Paul
Don't forget they are biased against pentax too! Did you read that little news blurb? Oly E-5 review is coming, and they are doing their damndest to procure a d7000 to review - pentax K-r and K-5? Not even mentioned!

Also, they have been owned by Amazon for quite awhile now - I would guess they'll have staff in both locations, and Amazon probably just wants their address to be in the US for some odd reason.

feppe

Mu-43 Regular
Here DPReview's editor's brief explanation.

Don't forget they are biased against pentax too! Did you read that little news blurb? Oly E-5 review is coming, and they are doing their damndest to procure a d7000 to review - pentax K-r and K-5? Not even mentioned!

Also, they have been owned by Amazon for quite awhile now - I would guess they'll have staff in both locations, and Amazon probably just wants their address to be in the US for some odd reason.
Have you actually taken a look at DPReview's reviews? They are 20+ pages with extremely detailed and thorough rundown of pretty much every aspect of the camera. This translates to tens, maybe hundreds of manhours of work. They have (obviously) limited resources, and expecting them to review every camera is ludicrous.

And there are plenty of Pentax reviews elsewhere.

Biased? Occam's Razor and all that.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom