Release knob is stuck

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I put an old 16mm extension adapter on a Sigma 56 lens. When i tried to take it off, the release knob was stuck.
I dont know whar the mechanism inside is, so dont know what method - if any - to use to loosen it and getting the *€#@&€#* thing off. Any ideas?
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Does this help? I don’t know if yours is the same.

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
I expect you’ve also done this too but you could try pushing really firmly on the button with the tip of your finger to make sure that pin is fully retracted.

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
I had a problem with the 10mm version which required some fiddling to remove. I found some counter-rotation (tightening) in the jiggles helped in my case. After removal, I filed a slight rounded bevel around the top edge of the locking pin. No problems after that. Still not sure any of this helps in your case.

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Lyle
One final idea, after gentle persuasion and before destructive measures, is to use a “lock-bumping” technique. Gentle pressure on the button, give the adapter a modest rap with a small plastic mallet or the handle of a screwdriver. See if that shakes it loose.

Gerard

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
All of thx for the suggestions,
I did a combination of each of those and it worked!
it came loose.
i put a tiny little bit of wd40 around the knob, left it a couple of hours and after some wriggling it came loose.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Mike Wingate
Hooray. Well done . Big relief. Examine the mech, commit to memory when you next risk that combo.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom