Regarding the 60mm macro

Acraftman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I have the 60 macro and haven't become as familiar with it as I should be and have a question with focusing ,my other lenses it seems I can pull a quick auto-focus and then pull the ring back to fine tune in manual , I realize the 60 doesn't have this capability but is there another technique available? Now it seems like if I want to do that I have to go to the control panel and switch to manual focus because once I use auto focus turning the focus ring does nothing .

mawz

Mu-43 Regular
On an Olympus, set the camera to S-AF+MF and you can do an adjustment after hitting focus.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
And if that doesn’t work for you, like it did me,
You can reassign the function 2 button to manual focus.
I like the autofocus because it gets me there quick, and rarely fails, but once I’m there, I want manual focus... all the way.
Anyhow, that’s how I do it. 1 press of a button and I go manual...

mawz

Mu-43 Regular
I should note that what I actually do is have the camera in Manual focus mode with Fn1 set to S-AF, so I get Back Button AF with full manual focus before/after, I usually have C-AF on the other lever position setup the same way (not that it does much on my E-M5II)

Acraftman

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks for the responses that was what I was hoping for! TBH I have had my 5mkll for over three years and haven't used any of the function buttons but this seems like a good place to start.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Charlie
Thanks Barry, I’ll check this out, because I would like my histogram back. I think...
my function 1 button goes to a myset1 which I have programmed a 50 shot focus bracket with manual focus. But I could loose this now because I’m learning in camera stacking. Hey! Mabe I could reprogram it to stacking!
Such a cool camera, feeling so smug...

dannysee

New to Mu-43
May I ask, how to do 1:1 with this 60mm Macro lens? The 1:1 switch/knob doesn't stay in place when you flip to it? How?

Carbonman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Graham
May I ask, how to do 1:1 with this 60mm Macro lens? The 1:1 switch/knob doesn't stay in place when you flip to it? How?
The 1:1 switch moves focus to the 1:1 focus point. To keep this magnification, I flip the rear switch to Back Button Focus, then keep my thumb away from the button. This keeps the focus locked so I can shift the camera back and forth to get what I want to shoot set up in the frame. Press the shutter release and you have a properly exposed image without changing your focus.

pake

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Teemu
The 1:1 switch moves focus to the 1:1 focus point. To keep this magnification, I flip the rear switch to Back Button Focus, then keep my thumb away from the button. This keeps the focus locked so I can shift the camera back and forth to get what I want to shoot set up in the frame. Press the shutter release and you have a properly exposed image without changing your focus.
Or just keep pushing the switch to that 1:1 until you have taken the shot and then release it. That's what I usually do.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom