refurbished vf-4 viewfinder for $99

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by katiedaddy, Mar 19, 2014.

1. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Great deal. I ordered 2 last time they had it, one was in perfect condition, the other had a scuff and a damaged hinge. So I returned the damaged one. The other might has well have been new though.

2. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    What a deal! Makes me want to get an Olympus body just to use it with .

3. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    I think it was already back-ordered 5 minutes after the OP. I'll see how my order went.

4. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    That's happened to me before with Olympus refurbs. If the order was accepted, you'll probably get a notice at some random point in the next couple weeks that it is shipping. Though when I ordered my E-PL5 they emailed to offer me a black one that was in stock if I didn't want to wait for the silver.

5. wushumr2

wushumr2 Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2013
    Thanks for the tip, just ordered 5...:laugh1:

6. oly18

oly18 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 21, 2011
    Why would anyone order 5? To resell? That's just greedy.

7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    It always blows my mind comparing the sheer quantity of Olympus refurbs compared to Lumix...

8. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I got my mom a EP-L1 last year. Do you think it would be a good idea buying this to use with that?

9. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    that's not greedy, that's just examining the market. $99 is way too low for how good that EVF is......if it were in stock and I had a camera to test them all with, I'd effing order 50 of 'em....they sell for $150-$200 all day long on eBay.

10. Biggstr

Biggstr Mu-43 Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    Ashburn, VA
    These Olympus specials on reconditioned cameras, etc., go so quickly. I was on the GetOlympus website last night about 8:15 PM (EST) and the PM-2 and VF-4 specials were not yet posted. I jumped on at 7:15 AM this morning and the silver PM-2 and VF-4 were already gone. I picked up a black PM-2. My black PM-1 goes to my 3-year old grandson who already knows how to use it ... at least to frame with the LCD and press the shutter button!

11. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
  12. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    If they won't let you buy it, they should drop it to $29.

13. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    LOL, I wish. :) Their inventory system is... odd. Some items just disappear from the page when there is no inventory. Other items still show but with a greyed out buy button. Maybe it has something to do with whether or not they expect more in stock in a particular time frame.

14. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    I just got an email back from Olympus customer support and they said they would adjust the price on the VF-4 to the current sale price of $79. It is back ordered 1-2 weeks, but the price will be reflected when I'm billed and it ships.

If you send your order number and explain the situation they should adjust the price for anyone who ordered yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

I just wish it was in stock. I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the tip.

16. katiedaddy

katiedaddy Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2014
    MD, USA
    Great call, just sent them an email, now crossing my fingers for additional $20 savings!

• Like Like x 1
  17. GeBathan

GeBathan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Gerard
    Saw this post and emailed right away, after an hour or two I received a response and yes they will drop the price and it will reflect when the item ships!

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk 2

18. wushumr2

wushumr2 Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2013
    Is a VF-5 with 8mp coming or something??? How can it be selling for basically what a VF-3 goes for?

19. wushumr2

wushumr2 Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2013
    Dang, I ordered multiple VF-4s and when I emailed them about the price I'm only getting one now...oh well :(