1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Refurbished/returned GF3 with 14mm f/2.5 lens for $333 sold by Amazon

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Hyun, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Hyun

Hyun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2012
    California
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hyun

Hyun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2012
    California
    Well the price just got bumped up to $403.18. Hope someone managed to jump on it while it was at the lower price.

3. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Wow, that was a great deal (sadly, past tense). I also had no idea the 14mm was worth so little . . . at $188 it's a screaming deal on eBay.

4. psubmb

psubmb New to Mu-43

Oct 5, 2011
    White one is still 334. Thank you! just got one.

5. Hyun

Hyun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2012
    California
    That's great! The white ones were considerably more (than $334) when I posted about the black GF3.

On a somewhat related subject, I just received yesterday a "like-new" Panasonic LX5 from Amazon.com Warehouse Deals (the same outfit that's selling these returned/refurb'ed GF3), and I was impressed by the how clean and "new" the camera looked.

6. atomic

atomic Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    I got one of the black ones, thanks! I bought it for the 14mm lens. 4am impulse buy... I might play around with the body and see how I like it, but there will most likely be a naked black gf3 for sale at a good price soon. ;)

7. Hyun

Hyun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2012
    California
    LOL I know how that goes...!

8. Hyun

Hyun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2012
    California
    I just wanted to add one comment to the "Like New" condition sold by Amazon.com Warehouse Deals. According to the Panasonic service menu inside the camera, my particular copy of LX5 has 383 shutter actuations. That includes approx. 70 shots I've taken at the time of the shutter reading. My understanding is that the service menu shutter count is only reset to zero when an internal component (such as the integrated circuit board) is replaced. So, my copy of LX5 in "Like New" condition had about 300 shots taken on it. Not bad at all.

9. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Dude, I wish I had checked out that Like New Amazon deal for the LX5 you mentioned. I didn't realize it was so cheap. The deal forums went all crazy about it this morning. $200?!?!?!?!?!?

10. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    For anyone looking for a body, the GF3 body like new is $198.

11. lstzephyr

lstzephyr Mu-43 Regular

May 20, 2011
    Wow that is getting quite cheap. I may have to look into getting one and the 14mm sometime soon. I have been wanting a second smaller body to compliment my g1.

12. Vulpix

Vulpix Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    I can't find this $198 price, where did you see it?

13. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    Dude, that was like yesterday. Today it was the white GF3 + 14mm for $333.

14. psubmb

psubmb New to Mu-43

Oct 5, 2011
    FYI, I received white GF3 (very good grade), and it just looks new. There is no sign of wear. The price went down a couple of bucks since I bought, but I don't mind it at all :)

15. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I've found on several occasions that when the open box comments say something like 'blemish on item' or something of that order, we might think oh it is a return with some marks, when it was actually the box damaged in the warehouse that they set aside as a result of damaged packaging (3 times I've received their warehouse deals with such comments and a mildly dinged box). When you're buying from them, if something arrives and the packaging is blemished, that is likely the only reason it was discounted, and the item is, in fact, new within.

16. lenshoarder

Nov 7, 2010
    Amazon even says that for the "like new" warehouse deals. That it simply could be that the box is damaged, but the item has never been opened.

17. Hyun

Hyun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2012
    California
    Well the "Like-New" LX5 I got from Amazon.com Warehouse Deals looked new, but the box flap was all taped up, as if it was cut open in a hurry and then taped back together. Still, the camera only had about 300 shutter actuations--so either someone got it during the mad December Amazon.com Daily Deal ($260 for new LX5), or it was a floor model somewhere, or something...

18. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    My guess would be 99% of the time whenever you get something with a damaged box, it was marked for warehouse express due to the damaged box, nothing more. Think of the vast amount of goods amazon stores in their warehouses, why bother dealing with a potential return due to a blemished box (if people are willing to buy from amazon just to try, I'm sure there are plenty who won't take a box with a ding either).