Refurbished M.Zuiko Lens MSC ED M.12-50mm f3.5-6.3 $185

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ReallyBadPictures, Oct 24, 2013.

1. ReallyBadPictures

ReallyBadPictures Mu-43 Regular

Jan 12, 2013
  2. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    Wow! Great price; too bad I already have one. This lens is a must have in my opinion because I find 14mm (28mm equiv) is just not wide enough in most situations.

3. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013
    I want one but am broke right now...

How is this lens when not used as a macro?

• Like Like x 1
  4. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Check out the native image thread - I was pleasantly surprised by its performance given all the bad press. It's still a kit lens but unless I'm pixel peeping it's not really apparent. The wide angle, macro, weather sealing, and relative portability at kit prices makes it useful as a daylight general purpose lens for me. I really need 12 mm, and can't really justify buying a P12-35 or O12-40. The new P12-32 is quite interesting though...

5. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013
    Thanks but why do you call it a kit lens? At a MSRP of $500 it seems much pricier than that unless I am missing something.

6. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

It is a high end kit lens, available for E-M5 and E-M1 kits, when it's only about $150-$200 additional to the body. That's what I meant by kit prices btw. I guess it's similar to how you get 18-55 as a low end kit lens and 18-135 IS STM as a high end kit lens on Canon EF-S mount.

7. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013
    Got it, thanks. I am not a high end buyer (I only have the E-PM1) so that is what I was missing...

8. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    They are out of stock. I had one in my cart last night before leaving work and decided to wait til I got home to make the purchase...mistake...they were out of stock shortly after. :-( Same for the 14-54 II they had for $319

9. Dramaturg

Dramaturg Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Ukraine
    Yevgen
    Out of stock :(

10. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    Balls. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

11. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Nice deal, but I wonder if they're not hurting themselves in the long-term. It's hard not to feel ripped off paying an $300 for the lens in a kit, let alone $500 for it new, when Olympus themselves don't feel it's worth more than $185...

12. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    Well, it's a refurb. The price is now $179.99 but is "out of stock."

Fred

13. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    Sure, and given the shorter warranty and minimal packaging, I'm sure people wouldn't be surprised if it was 15-25% less than what it costs new. At 60% off MSRP though, it makes you question that MSRP!

14. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    I think the MSRP makes you question the MSRP. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

15. Wisertime

Wisertime Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2013
    Philly
    Steve
    Yes, that original MSRP was bogus all along. I think it was just to encourage people to buy the EM5-12-50 kit thinking they were getting a steal at "only $300" more. If anyone wants to buy it separate for $500+ they will be happy to sell it. Oly has actually been doing quite a bit of promotional pricing on all the lenses the past few months.