Refurbished Lenses

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by wayne, Aug 27, 2012.

1. wayne

wayne Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    Hi there,
    I've been reading this forum for a while now and have decided to sell my Nikon equipment for an OMD.
    My question to you is, has anyone here purchased any refurbished lenses from a camera shop in Amityville N.Y? I was looking at a Oly 12mm refurbished lens and it's approx. $150 cheaper than new. It looks like it comes with a one year warranty.
    Your opinions would be appreciated.

2. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    my 2-epl1's and various lenses come from Cameta Camera, and they are refurbs, and all have look 100% new and perform very well.

3. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Same positive experience with Cameta refurbs.

And their normal "no questions asked" return policy applies to refurbs as well, so you really aren't taking any risk. They are a completely reputable company based on multiple transactions with them over a few years.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I've never had a problem with a refurb of any sort, and I've purchased many. They were all like brand new.

5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Same here, purchased a refurb E-PM1, 14-42IIR and 17/2.8 from Cameta, and all look and perform like new. Sometimes they are very slow to ship, but other than that, no complaints. :smile:

6. scott0487

scott0487 Mu-43 Regular

Jul 10, 2012
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Scott
    Good experience here

Same here -- bought a refurb Oly 14-150 from Cameta last year and was in perfect condition. Good bargain and would buy from them again.

Scott

7. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
    Up until I switched recently to the E-M5 system, I always purchased refurbished lenses. I have purchased both Nikon and Canon refurbished lenses in the past and had no problems with them. I even went so far as to place an added Mack warranty on a lot of my lenses. My Canon 1D and Nikon D3s were also purchased as a refurbished camera.