1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Refurbished EPL5 with kit lens - $379

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SS76, Nov 2, 2013.

1. SS76

SS76 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2013
    Hi. First post, came over from DPreview (aka superstar905).

I purchased this from getolympus.com, great price i my opinion. I've never bought refurbished but felt this was too good to pass up, with the savings likely going to a 17mm 1.8 and 45mm 1.8 combo.

I'm new to interchangable lens systems coming from a lumix zs3 and I have to say I am apprehensive with no built in flash and convaluted menu system, but Guy Parsons site really encouraged me that once I customize it, it will be a piece of cake to use.

Anyone else buy refurbished gear from Olympus? What are your experiences?

Now I'm looking a their refurbished lenses!

2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I've bought refurb Olympus lenses and bodies with zero issues. Can't say I recall anyone reporting issues on this site. Also consider buying from Cameta Camera. They usually have a nice selection of Olympus refurbs, and I think they may actually provide a better warranty than if you buy direct from Olympus.

Welcome aboard, btw. You'll find this place is just a bit different from DPR. :)

I agree that the E-PL5 will be easy to use once you set it up and get the hang of it. The Super Control Panel (SCP) is a good way to start. As is the 17/1.8 and 45/1.8 combo. That is my go-to pairing, along with a couple of cheap zooms for versatility.

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I've gotten a number of pieces of refurbished Olympus gear, both via Olympus itself and from other sellers. Aside from the packaging and the length of the warranty (90 days vs. 1 year), the only difference is the price!

4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I never{well almost never} buy new! I mostly buy refurbished or used. When I do buy new it is because it is on sale.

Full price is too full for me. :biggrin: BTW welcome!

5. SS76

SS76 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2013
    That is comforting to read as I have never bought anything refurbished before, but the lenses look like it will save me some cash.