Refurbished EPL5 with kit lens - $379

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SS76, Nov 2, 2013.

1. SS76

SS76 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2013
    Hi. First post, came over from DPreview (aka superstar905).

I purchased this from getolympus.com, great price i my opinion. I've never bought refurbished but felt this was too good to pass up, with the savings likely going to a 17mm 1.8 and 45mm 1.8 combo.

I'm new to interchangable lens systems coming from a lumix zs3 and I have to say I am apprehensive with no built in flash and convaluted menu system, but Guy Parsons site really encouraged me that once I customize it, it will be a piece of cake to use.

Anyone else buy refurbished gear from Olympus? What are your experiences?

Now I'm looking a their refurbished lenses!

2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I've bought refurb Olympus lenses and bodies with zero issues. Can't say I recall anyone reporting issues on this site. Also consider buying from Cameta Camera. They usually have a nice selection of Olympus refurbs, and I think they may actually provide a better warranty than if you buy direct from Olympus.

Welcome aboard, btw. You'll find this place is just a bit different from DPR. :)

I agree that the E-PL5 will be easy to use once you set it up and get the hang of it. The Super Control Panel (SCP) is a good way to start. As is the 17/1.8 and 45/1.8 combo. That is my go-to pairing, along with a couple of cheap zooms for versatility.

3. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    I've gotten a number of pieces of refurbished Olympus gear, both via Olympus itself and from other sellers. Aside from the packaging and the length of the warranty (90 days vs. 1 year), the only difference is the price!

4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I never{well almost never} buy new! I mostly buy refurbished or used. When I do buy new it is because it is on sale.

Full price is too full for me. :biggrin: BTW welcome!

5. SS76

SS76 Mu-43 Regular

Nov 2, 2013
    That is comforting to read as I have never bought anything refurbished before, but the lenses look like it will save me some cash.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.