Refurbished EM1 and EM5 II for $575.00 + tax after coupon CYBER20 at GetOlympus

budeny

Mu-43 All-Pro
It depends.. I would say it boils down to personal preferences and whatever you need more: 40 mpx mode or PDAF

HarryS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Managed to get my order in for the 75mm right after midnite when the cyber20 code came up. "I shall want no further lenses", sez me.

DaveEP

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It depends.. I would say it boils down to personal preferences and whatever you need more: 40 mpx mode or PDAF
It's really not that simple. I never use PDAF so that would mean the EM1 was the wrong choice for me, but having held both I'm glad I went for the EM1.

Real Name
Chris
Olympus has 20% off on refurbished items this morning.

The 75mm is up for 559 - 20% more = 448
The EM5-M2 is up for 719 - 20% more = 576

edit:

I see now this was already posted hours ago. Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Real Name
Steve
Crazy prices on the EM5 II and EM1. If size or the 40 MP shuffle are not a priority, go for the EM1. It's not that much bigger than the EM5 and it's really comfy in the hand. I also notice that you can get an EM10 or EPL7 for under $300. The 14-300 is also back in stock, although this never tempted me.

It may be a feeding frenzy, but at least the food is good this time.

leungw

Deal Hunter
Real Name
Willy
Another big difference to me between the EM1 and EM5II: tilt screen vs swirl screen.

emorgan451

Mu-43 Veteran
Jumped in for an EM1 this morning! Cheaper than I could find a used one for anywhere. Is the extra $100 for the warranty worth it? I haven't had issues with my refurbished and bought used locally EM5 in over 2 years.

ibcj

Mu-43 Regular
I was going to buy the 12 and 45, but with the Chase 10% cashback through amazon right now, it makes more sense to buy new (extra $50 total) and get the longer warranty.

WendyK

Super Moderator
Real Name
Wendy
They got me, too! I jumped on the EM5 mkII deal the minute I saw the email at about 5:45am this morning. I expected them to be gone already. I hadn't been planning on it, but focus bracketing, better IBIS, better video, silent shutter, 1/16,000 and several other features I will actually use regularly that my EM10mk1 doesn't have allowed me to rationalize the purchase at that fantastic price, which is less than I paid for my EM10 body almost 2 years ago. I don't need PDAF or legacy lens support and I prefer the smaller size so I picked the EM5mkII over the EM-1. Merry Christmas to me!

I will be selling a few things to make up for it, like a barely used GX7 that I never quite got on with (I guess I'm an Olympus person) and a lens or 2 that I rarely use. I'll keep the E-M10mkI with the oly 25mm mounted as the camera I can just grab and take anywhere, and as backup to the new one.

Linh

Mu-43 All-Pro
Jumped in for an EM1 this morning! Cheaper than I could find a used one for anywhere. Is the extra $100 for the warranty worth it? I haven't had issues with my refurbished and bought used locally EM5 in over 2 years.
Didn't even know this was an option, surprised they didn't try to sell it to you on checkout (it seems you can order it after the fact, so that's nice).

They got me, too! I jumped on the EM5 mkII deal the minute I saw the email at about 5:45am this morning. I expected them to be gone already. I hadn't been planning on it, but focus bracketing, better IBIS, better video, silent shutter, 1/16,000 and several other features I will actually use regularly that my EM10mk1 doesn't have allowed me to rationalize the purchase at that fantastic price, which is less than I paid for my EM10 body almost 2 years ago. I don't need PDAF or legacy lens support and I prefer the smaller size so I picked the EM5mkII over the EM-1. Merry Christmas to me!

I will be selling a few things to make up for it, like a barely used GX7 that I never quite got on with (I guess I'm an Olympus person) and a lens or 2 that I rarely use. I'll keep the E-M10mkI with the oly 25mm mounted as the camera I can just grab and take anywhere, and as backup to the new one.
Same feeling here, mostly. I have a ton I need to sell though.. E-M5 Mk1, 12mm, couple of ThinkTank Retos, heh.. gotta get on it now.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom