Refurbished E-M5 II + 14-150 II $599 - Roberts on ebay

I take it you bought this kit? How was your transaction with Roberts, if you did purchase?
I did not purchase this kit. However, I have purchased from Roberts (on and off eBay) before. Roberts is a brick and mortar retailer and have a very good reputation. They are an authorized seller for Olympus and Panasonic. They offer Olympus refurbs at excellent prices - I bought an Olympus refurb 45mm f1.2 and an Olympus refurb 25mm f1.2 from Roberts. One was from eBay and one from their website. No issues. I also note that Olympus refurbs normally come with a 90 day warranty from Olympus but Roberts covers the refurbs for a full 6 months (all used gear that Roberts sells has a 6 month warranty).

adrenalinerush

Mu-43 Rookie
I didn’t get the deal OP posted, but saw the black kit for $699. Offered $650 and was auto-accepted. Just a heads up in case others are interested.

Real Name
Greg
I did buy this kit, it's in a genuine Olympus refurb box. The gear is up to the normal Olympus refurbish condition, meaning like new. Roberts has a 6 month warranty and an option to purchase a 3 year warranty for around $30. I will probably take them up on it.

I have been using Micro 4/3 for a long time, but oddly never even handled an E-M5 I or II. It feels good to me, but not quite as solid as the E-M1.

I was using an E-M10 II for the last couple years. I finally wanted better controls and got on an E-M1 on eBay. However I had to send it back due to it being misrepresented. Then I returned a 2nd one because it has the rear-dial skip problem. Seems like a 2013 camera as my main rig just wasn't working out.

So here's the E-M5 II, even though I know the III is just around the corner. I kinda doubt I'll need whatever features it has, because I don't need what the E-M1 II offers either.

Greg.

adrenalinerush

Mu-43 Rookie
Glad to hear that you are enjoying it. As posted previously I ordered one too and get it tomorrow. This cam should last me the next 5-6 year until the iii goes down in price. I’m one of the ones who believe the iii will be at least $1,200 new for body only and as a hobby photo taker (I don’t consider myself a photographer), I’m not paying that much, especially when I can get a weather sealed setup for half the price.

Real Name
Greg
Yes exactly. I think it will be $1200 or so too, maybe $999 to compete with the latest Fuji. $1200 for a new camera is worth it if I need the features, I just don't. Half that much for a camera with a weather sealed lens - yes, sign me up.

Top Bottom