Refurbished E-M5 II + 14-150 II $599 - Roberts on ebay

I take it you bought this kit? How was your transaction with Roberts, if you did purchase?
I did not purchase this kit. However, I have purchased from Roberts (on and off eBay) before. Roberts is a brick and mortar retailer and have a very good reputation. They are an authorized seller for Olympus and Panasonic. They offer Olympus refurbs at excellent prices - I bought an Olympus refurb 45mm f1.2 and an Olympus refurb 25mm f1.2 from Roberts. One was from eBay and one from their website. No issues. I also note that Olympus refurbs normally come with a 90 day warranty from Olympus but Roberts covers the refurbs for a full 6 months (all used gear that Roberts sells has a 6 month warranty).

adrenalinerush

Mu-43 Rookie
I didn’t get the deal OP posted, but saw the black kit for $699. Offered $650 and was auto-accepted. Just a heads up in case others are interested.

Real Name
Greg
I did buy this kit, it's in a genuine Olympus refurb box. The gear is up to the normal Olympus refurbish condition, meaning like new. Roberts has a 6 month warranty and an option to purchase a 3 year warranty for around $30. I will probably take them up on it.

I have been using Micro 4/3 for a long time, but oddly never even handled an E-M5 I or II. It feels good to me, but not quite as solid as the E-M1.

I was using an E-M10 II for the last couple years. I finally wanted better controls and got on an E-M1 on eBay. However I had to send it back due to it being misrepresented. Then I returned a 2nd one because it has the rear-dial skip problem. Seems like a 2013 camera as my main rig just wasn't working out.

So here's the E-M5 II, even though I know the III is just around the corner. I kinda doubt I'll need whatever features it has, because I don't need what the E-M1 II offers either.

Greg.

adrenalinerush

Mu-43 Rookie
Glad to hear that you are enjoying it. As posted previously I ordered one too and get it tomorrow. This cam should last me the next 5-6 year until the iii goes down in price. I’m one of the ones who believe the iii will be at least $1,200 new for body only and as a hobby photo taker (I don’t consider myself a photographer), I’m not paying that much, especially when I can get a weather sealed setup for half the price.

Real Name
Greg
Yes exactly. I think it will be $1200 or so too, maybe $999 to compete with the latest Fuji. $1200 for a new camera is worth it if I need the features, I just don't. Half that much for a camera with a weather sealed lens - yes, sign me up.

turtleboy133

Mu-43 Regular
Are you sure that the 14-150mm is the second edition? The listing doesn't specify. Also, this can be purchased directly from the Roberts website. Is it better to purchase through ebay? It looks like free returns if purchased via ebay whereas there's a 15% restocking fee if purchased from the Roberts website.

Real Name
Butch Oakey
I did not purchase this kit. However, I have purchased from Roberts (on and off eBay) before. Roberts is a brick and mortar retailer and have a very good reputation. They are an authorized seller for Olympus and Panasonic. They offer Olympus refurbs at excellent prices - I bought an Olympus refurb 45mm f1.2 and an Olympus refurb 25mm f1.2 from Roberts. One was from eBay and one from their website. No issues. I also note that Olympus refurbs normally come with a 90 day warranty from Olympus but Roberts covers the refurbs for a full 6 months (all used gear that Roberts sells has a 6 month warranty).
Robert's is a great place to do business with and I have purchased several things from them and go to their website or Ebay posts when looking for something if it's not available on the mu43 listings.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom