1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Refurbed Oly E-PL1 Body $129; E-PM1 kits $299

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by penfan2010, May 23, 2012.

1. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    • Like Like x 1
  2. captevo

captevo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 14, 2012
    stop it.... LOL
    tempting.

3. WT21

WT21 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I looked at Cameta and B&H for refurb EPM1. Cameta was $299 and B&H was $329. But B&H had a used VF2 that I also wanted.

I ordered the camera from Cameta on Tuesday, and the VF2 from B&H early on Wednesday.

I got the VF2 from B&H yesterday, and Cameta has a delivery date of the 29th

I should have paid the extra money, or I should have asked B&H to match the Cameta pricing :( 

4. Crn3371

Crn3371 Mu-43 Rookie

May 14, 2012
    The good thing with Cameta is the full 1 year warranty on refurbs. The bad thing with Cameta is their SLOW shipping.

5. WT21

WT21 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Good point on the warranty. Hadn't thought through that. That does make the wait worth it.

6. pharaviel

pharaviel Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 20, 2011
    Reggio Emilia, Italy
    Daniele Frizzi
    Would love to get the epm1 at that price...

7. phatning

phatning Mu-43 Rookie

May 27, 2012
    NYC
    I just ordered the E-PM1 refurbed kit and VF-2 from Cameta (via eBay) over the weekend. Hopefully they will arrive on time.

I most likely will sell the E-PM1 kit lens with my E-P1, which I purchased new (body only) from the Best Buy deal a few months ago. I'm hoping to recoup some of the funds so I can get a 14mm pancake lens to go with my manual lenses - the main reason why I decided to upgrade to E-PM1 and VF-2 combo.

BTW, this is my first post here; I just joined last night. Great forum with lots of traffic and good info. Stayed up way too late last night just so I could catch up on all the threads on E-PM1. It was well worth it! :) 

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Wow, great deals!

9. weeowee

weeowee Mu-43 Regular

May 6, 2012
    just got my omd 2 weeks ago, but still want to get the epl1 for my dad...

10. redington

redington Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2012
    I had myself convinced to get an epl1 until this epm1 deal popped up. It became something of a no-brainer for me. Shipping took some time, but the warranty was worth it.

11. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Albuquerque, NM
    Mike Barber
    I've bought many refurb kits from Cameta over the last 6 months and NONE of them have been a problem. I'd say an average of 300-400 shutter actuations per body. Only problem with the E-PM1/E-PL1 in low light (long exposures) is that the shutter can sound like it's dying a loud, slow death. The files come out ok though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.