Refurb Olympus 12-40 in stock right now $639

zapatista

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Barber
I placed an order yesterday and t's been shipped. I ordered after the 12-40mm showed out of stock, but it was still possible to order (I guess that last part is self-evident).

csgardner45

Mu-43 Rookie
I placed the order as well (after it showed OOS) but it's neither been shipped nor cancelled yet. Sitting here with fingers crossed!

RDM

Mu-43 All-Pro
They also have 9-18 in stock for $399. :thumbup:

Its not the M43 version sadly.

I totally missed that part. I was too excited to see 9-18 there, and ordered one along with 12-40. Thank you for the heads up.
......... :eek:

Well if it still costs much less than the µ4/3 version, I wouldn't mind getting one if I owned one of the OM-D model cameras. I am not bothered by using a little larger lens, I tend to use mostly Legacy glass anyway.
I was actually wondering how it would be to get a sigma 10-20mm with a SpeedBooster adapter.
The referb 4/3 mount 9-18mm would be a more economical alternative

csgardner45

Mu-43 Rookie
My cookies for 'getolympus' must be contaminated. When I use the original link I now get a 404 error. :shakehead:

Yeah, it's gone now...the page was up for about a day and it seems they take them offline when -really, really- out of stock or something. :)

marcelolopezjr

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
ML
NOoo!!!!

I did exactly the same thing as zapatista and had the same result! I get mine on Thursday!

WTH....how could you guys order it AFTER I did, and be getting it sooner?

Ay Caramba....sometimes Oly...sometimes!

For me when I ordered it Monday (around noon Eastern) it showed "out of stock" but let me put it into my cart with no issue, and was able to process the order. Still no shipping notification. I seriously wonder what order they process these things.....

I was originally going to order the 12-40 from a Japanese vendor ( at least 140 off retail including not having to pay for shipping or taxes to the US), a friend of mine got his from them and it's worked out great, but when you see the Refurbs pop up on the Oly site, it's time to pull the trigger. Even if your spouse will raise cain later.....it's worth it, right?!

emorgan451

Mu-43 Top Veteran
WTH....how could you guys order it AFTER I did, and be getting it sooner?

Ay Caramba....sometimes Oly...sometimes!

For me when I ordered it Monday (around noon Eastern) it showed "out of stock" but let me put it into my cart with no issue, and was able to process the order. Still no shipping notification. I seriously wonder what order they process these things.....

I was originally going to order the 12-40 from a Japanese vendor ( at least 140 off retail including not having to pay for shipping or taxes to the US), a friend of mine got his from them and it's worked out great, but when you see the Refurbs pop up on the Oly site, it's time to pull the trigger. Even if your spouse will raise cain later.....it's worth it, right?!

That doesn't make sense at all. I couldn't even imagine what order they process things in then. I completed my order on Monday at 1:17 pm eastern.

Yeah, I had barely mentioned to my wife this weekend that I wanted it and she wasn't really warm to the idea, but didn't say no outright...then this pops up monday and I took the chance figuring that it would put me on the wait list for a while until I smoothed it over. I will have to cushion the blow tonight that it's going to be here tomorrow...lol. She'll get over it....eventually

marcelolopezjr

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
ML
show-off

Still blown away how they do their shipping so scatter-shot.

UPDATE: SHIPPED! Yeah, baby...it'll be here Friday.... Oorah!

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
Mine shipped today. I was quite surprised.

The whole system is very strange. When I ordered mine, I got a call asking to confirm my mailing address, followed by an e-mail telling me my order had been cancelled, followed by a shipping notice. But it arrived in the end, so I guess one can't complain too much.

Will the 12-40 be supplanting your 12-60?

nstelemark

Originally E.V.I.L.
Real Name
Larry
The whole system is very strange. When I ordered mine, I got a call asking to confirm my mailing address, followed by an e-mail telling me my order had been cancelled, followed by a shipping notice. But it arrived in the end, so I guess one can't complain too much.

Will the 12-40 be supplanting your 12-60?

Hey darla from what I had heard I expected it to get cancelled. I agree it is weird.

I am kind if torn on the 12-40 and 12-60. The 12-40 is not really a replacement per se. The extra 20 mm of reach is pretty significant and the AF speed of the 12-60 is really very good. But it is significantly smaller.

We'll see. I can always sell it (either one).

Search

Mu-43 Regular
How does the refurbished lens look? I was able to put myself on the waiting list, for whatever it is worth.

dealmtl

Mu-43 Regular
How does the refurbished lens look? I was able to put myself on the waiting list, for whatever it is worth.
Usually it looks like new! In some cases you may find some minor signs of use, but nothing major from what I've heard and my own experiences.

csgardner45

Mu-43 Rookie
Mine looks and functions like new! I've only taken a dozen pics or so with it so far, but hope to put it through its paces this evening.

Air-Cooled

Mu-43 Regular
The 12-40 just became available again for those still looking for a copy, successfully placed an order...fingers crossed! :smile:

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
The 12-40 just became available again for those still looking for a copy, successfully placed an order...fingers crossed! :smile:

They are already out of stock! I have been watching daily, and was unable to look this afternoon. It was not there this morning. Very frustrating.

--Ken

Latest threads

Top Bottom