Refurb Olympus 12-40 in stock right now $639

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by slmoore, Apr 28, 2014.

1. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    not anymore it seems

2. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    Apparently my order went through. We'll see if they cancel it.

3. csgardner45

csgardner45 Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 23, 2013
    Is anyone on a mailing list/does anyone have a way of telling when that page changes and there is available stock? (kinda like how canonpricewatch.com monitors things) I've been for this lens 3-4x a day over the past weeks since the first time it appeared...

-C

4. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    They appear to update the inventory at random times -- this morning they didn't have much, now they have additional camera bodies and accessories listed.

5. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    What if you ordered it like a backordered item and waited for them to get more? When it came they'd ship?

6. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    The site says "backorders are not accepted" for 12-40. I ordered one anyway and it went through. I expect cancellation email in my inbox soon. :smile:
    They also have 9-18 in stock for $399. :thumbup:

7. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I looked there late this morning and it was not even listed. They are quick to update.

--Ken

8. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Its not the M43 version sadly.

9. desmoface

desmoface Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    Has anyone had any issues with the refurbed oly lenses? Seems like a hell of a deal (while it lasted) for this lens.

Steve

10. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    I had decided to purchase the Panasonic 12-35 until I saw this thread. I can get a Japanese version of the Panasonic lens for $850. I am seriously considering the Olympus refurbished lens at this price despite the weight. Of course, they have no refurbished lenses for me to buy.

11. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    In the past when that's happened they asked me if I wanted to wait or cancel. I've had to wait up to 6 weeks.

12. emorgan451

emorgan451 Mu-43 Veteran

13. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    Never mind . . .

Currently (April 28, 23:09 EDT) it banners 'This product is currently out of stock.' when I try to put it into my cart and does not put it in the cart.

:boohoo:

14. slmoore

slmoore Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2014
    Oklahoma
    I mainly noticed that the add to cart button was enabled, and it let me add it to the cart. I removed it from my cart (not ready to pull the trigger on it), but knew that others here would be interested. Hope some folks were able to get in. I just tried again right now and although the add to cart button is still enabled, it won't let you add it to the cart.

15. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    I totally missed that part. I was too excited to see 9-18 there, and ordered one along with 12-40. Thank you for the heads up.

I just called Olympus (no wait time!!!) and tried to change the order, but they old me it was not possible to make a change (doesn't make sense to me). I only had two options, keep the order or cancel it. :eek: 

16. slmoore

slmoore Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2014
    Oklahoma
    What is the return policy on refurbs - surely you can return the 9-18 after you get both lenses?

17. BAPHA

BAPHA Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    You can return refurbs for either a replacement or a refund (return shipping not covered), up to 30 days from receiving the item. Here're the links to Olympus return pages:
    http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/customer-service?icn=topnav&ici=supportnav_exchanges-returns#returns
    http://cache.olympusamerica.com/static/getolympus/files/emporiumreturnform.pdf

I had to return a m43 version of the 9-18 which didn't work properly, there is a simple form you have to fill out and enclose with your returned item. Generally, refunds are processed within 10-15 business days from the time of Olympus getting the lens back (keep your shipping delivery confirmation receipts!!!) but in my case, I was just told this morning they're "a little behind" on processing returns, when I called them to ask why is it taking almost a month for mine.
    The above should not scare anyone from dealing with refurb'd lenses, as others have shared good stories about their purchases, and I believe I just wasn't lucky with mine, so I guess I am just trying to say that a little patience is required when dealing with GetOlympus, especially when you have a great deal in your sights! Even though my personal experience hasn't been great, I would pull the trigger on a refurb'd 70-300 II, if they ever get it back in stock, especially with a 20% discount, if offered again :) 

18. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Dang that sucks. You could just return the 9-18mm when you get it (lose the return shipping cost is all).

19. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    I canceled my order because I don't want to wait forever for refund. Olympus seems very fast answering phones, but slow processing orders. I'll just have to wait till they restock inventory. :smile: I'm sure there will be one more happy :43: shooter out there because he/she got the 12-40 I canceled. :tongue:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.