1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Refurb Olympus 12-40 in stock right now $639

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by slmoore, Apr 28, 2014.

1. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    not anymore it seems

2. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    Apparently my order went through. We'll see if they cancel it.

3. csgardner45

csgardner45 Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 23, 2013
    Is anyone on a mailing list/does anyone have a way of telling when that page changes and there is available stock? (kinda like how canonpricewatch.com monitors things) I've been for this lens 3-4x a day over the past weeks since the first time it appeared...

-C

4. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    They appear to update the inventory at random times -- this morning they didn't have much, now they have additional camera bodies and accessories listed.

5. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    What if you ordered it like a backordered item and waited for them to get more? When it came they'd ship?

6. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    The site says "backorders are not accepted" for 12-40. I ordered one anyway and it went through. I expect cancellation email in my inbox soon. :smile:
    They also have 9-18 in stock for $399. :thumbup:

7. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I looked there late this morning and it was not even listed. They are quick to update.

--Ken

8. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Its not the M43 version sadly.

9. desmoface

desmoface Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    Has anyone had any issues with the refurbed oly lenses? Seems like a hell of a deal (while it lasted) for this lens.

Steve

10. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    I had decided to purchase the Panasonic 12-35 until I saw this thread. I can get a Japanese version of the Panasonic lens for $850. I am seriously considering the Olympus refurbished lens at this price despite the weight. Of course, they have no refurbished lenses for me to buy.

11. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    In the past when that's happened they asked me if I wanted to wait or cancel. I've had to wait up to 6 weeks.

12. emorgan451

emorgan451 Mu-43 Veteran

13. ScottGee1

ScottGee1 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 22, 2014
    Motown!
    Never mind . . .

Currently (April 28, 23:09 EDT) it banners 'This product is currently out of stock.' when I try to put it into my cart and does not put it in the cart.

:boohoo:

14. slmoore

slmoore Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2014
    Oklahoma
    I mainly noticed that the add to cart button was enabled, and it let me add it to the cart. I removed it from my cart (not ready to pull the trigger on it), but knew that others here would be interested. Hope some folks were able to get in. I just tried again right now and although the add to cart button is still enabled, it won't let you add it to the cart.

15. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    I totally missed that part. I was too excited to see 9-18 there, and ordered one along with 12-40. Thank you for the heads up.

I just called Olympus (no wait time!!!) and tried to change the order, but they old me it was not possible to make a change (doesn't make sense to me). I only had two options, keep the order or cancel it. :eek:

16. slmoore

slmoore Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2014
    Oklahoma
    What is the return policy on refurbs - surely you can return the 9-18 after you get both lenses?

17. BAPHA

BAPHA Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2012
    You can return refurbs for either a replacement or a refund (return shipping not covered), up to 30 days from receiving the item. Here're the links to Olympus return pages:
    http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/customer-service?icn=topnav&ici=supportnav_exchanges-returns#returns
    http://cache.olympusamerica.com/static/getolympus/files/emporiumreturnform.pdf

I had to return a m43 version of the 9-18 which didn't work properly, there is a simple form you have to fill out and enclose with your returned item. Generally, refunds are processed within 10-15 business days from the time of Olympus getting the lens back (keep your shipping delivery confirmation receipts!!!) but in my case, I was just told this morning they're "a little behind" on processing returns, when I called them to ask why is it taking almost a month for mine.
    The above should not scare anyone from dealing with refurb'd lenses, as others have shared good stories about their purchases, and I believe I just wasn't lucky with mine, so I guess I am just trying to say that a little patience is required when dealing with GetOlympus, especially when you have a great deal in your sights! Even though my personal experience hasn't been great, I would pull the trigger on a refurb'd 70-300 II, if they ever get it back in stock, especially with a 20% discount, if offered again :)

18. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Dang that sucks. You could just return the 9-18mm when you get it (lose the return shipping cost is all).

19. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    I canceled my order because I don't want to wait forever for refund. Olympus seems very fast answering phones, but slow processing orders. I'll just have to wait till they restock inventory. :smile: I'm sure there will be one more happy :43: shooter out there because he/she got the 12-40 I canceled. :tongue: