1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Refurb Nikon J1 2 lens kit $199.99 on ebay from Buydig

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by dougjgreen, May 19, 2014.

1. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    This is about the cheapest entry point you'll find for the Nikon 1 system, if you want to experiment with it and see how it compares to Micro 4/3. The two lenses alone are worth close to $200, and the telephoto in particular is exceptionally good for a cheap kit lens. It also comes with a small case and a 90 day Nikon USA Warranty.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-1-J1-...enses-and-Nikon-Case-Refurbished/331205602777

Warning, the J1 has some serious ergonomic quirks, but it also has extremely fast AF performance and surprisingly decent low to moderate ISO IQ for a 10 MP 1" sensor, and the camera is essentially free in this deal.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    Purchased so that my sister can take photos of my nieces and nephews playing soccer. The hybrid AF system is supposed to be very good (in good light). If my nieces and nephews were not playing sports, i would have chosen a different camera as a gift.

PS Need to update firmware to correct for blurry low light photos (original firmware used slow shutter speeds).

3. adampad

adampad New to Mu-43

Sep 26, 2012
    Yes the controls suck, but the image quality isn't bad at all. Treat like a really good point and shoot and you'll enjoy it. Treat it like a DSLR, and you'll want to throw it through a wall. And yes the AF is really really good, but probably because almost everything is always going to be focus anyway. :p.

If anyone jumps on this deal, and wants to sell the 30-110 for $75 let me know.

4. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Good luck with that - the best thing in this deal is the 30-110 lens, which almost never sells below $90 on ebay.

5. Search

Search Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2014
    I did read about an interesting strategy. Sell the 10-30 lens and buy the prime lens 18.5mm 1.8 ($190 prime new - $50+ zoom = $140 or less). Total cost for everything would be between $300 and $340. It might be worth it, if you did not own a micro four thirds camera.

6. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Update

Selling for $259.99 now

7. DizzyV6P

DizzyV6P Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2012
    Maryland
    I cashed in on the $199 deal. Mostly to test it out for U11 Soccer games which is difficult w/ my E-M5. Hopefully the PDAF works as advertised. Shutter count was 0. As rumored, Nikon is opening new J1 bundles and selling them as refurbished. Everything looked brand new!