Refurb E-P5 body at Cameta Camera for $569

FlyPenFly

Mu-43 Veteran
It's about the same directly from getolympus if you use the 20% coupon.

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
Hrm, 369 for a Demo E-PL5.

Interestingly, the getolympus site suggests only a 90 day warranty on refurbs but Cameta is showing 1 year warranty.....anyone have a clue on the descrepency?

gary.l

Mu-43 Regular
Hrm, 369 for a Demo E-PL5.

Interestingly, the getolympus site suggests only a 90 day warranty on refurbs but Cameta is showing 1 year warranty.....anyone have a clue on the descrepency?
The 1 year warranty is through Cameta. I've utilized it once - you mail it to them and they forward to the repair center, vs you mailing to the repair center directly. You pay for both ways shipping.

Halaking

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Morris
Hopefully Olympus update a new firmware for E-P5 fix the shutter shock like E-M1.

Steven

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hopefully Olympus update a new firmware for E-P5 fix the shutter shock like E-M1.
Yes! I do hope they do that too. I may break down then and get Ep5 with Evf4 instead of waiting for new Em5 replacement or getting Em1.

ScottGee1

Mu-43 Regular
Comments about Cameta

FWIW, a number of years ago I too used Cameta's warranty and they really went the extra mile/kilometre to make things right. By the time the whole process was complete, I suspect they lost money on the deal but never said a word about it.

That said, I find their listings for refurbished Olympus gear frustrating. Currently 62 of 84 are 'Out Of Stock' but are still show up. They obviously do that to keep their click count up but IMO it's better to avoid irritating potential buyers. Even GetOlympus ultimately removes items when they're no longer available.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom