1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Refurb 17mm 1.8 for $399 GetOlympus.com

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by tabbyarthur, May 15, 2013.

1. tabbyarthur

tabbyarthur Mu-43 Regular

May 5, 2011
    How many of you bought one reconditioned?

2. Darthpnoy88

Darthpnoy88 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2012
    California
    I can personally vouch for reconditioned Olympus products I've bought the 45mm and E-M5 personally from that site fast shipping as well.

3. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I bought a reconditioned kit direct from Olympus, and the 40-150 has been an outstanding performer. Also, when I met the Olympus reps last year, they thought very favorably of reconditioned lenses, more so than bodies. I believe that was because the lenses have less electronics in them, so there is less to break/fix.

--Ken

4. kwalsh

kwalsh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    I bought a refurb 12/2 - it is excellent. My only complaint was the packaging left a little to be desired - they just threw it in a box with a little bubble wrap rather than the form fitting cardboard or styrofoam you'd get with a new lens.

The lens itself, however, was sharp, sharp, sharp! I know of two other people who bought 12/2s new and had to try three copies to find one that was free from defects. So I happened to do better with my refurb.

I have no idea if it is the case with Olympus, but often refurb gear may be more likely to be in excellent condition because it undergoes more thorough individual inspection then items coming straight off the assembly line.