1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Reformed DSLR Shooter

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by LeeOsenton, Jun 25, 2010.

1. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Hi All,

I am a software developer living near Suffolk, Virginia. This looks like a great site and I am glad to be joining in. I have been shooting DSLRs (Sony and Nikon) for the last 3 years and have admired the mu43 platform since it began. I thought I would end up with an Olympus, but fate dealt me a new bargain priced red G1. The postman has not brought my new baby yet, but I am studying and preparing for lots of fun!

Lee

• Like Like x 5
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Lee, I'm very glad you found your way here and offer my congrats on your red G1! Promise to charge that battery ASAP and report back in with your impressions and at least one photograph.:biggrin:

Tick, tock and I hope the postman only has to ring once.:wink:

3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Lee welcome,
    you made a great choice coming from a DSLR...the G1 will blow you away...it's feature loaded....works kinda like a DSLR but...you can carry it all day, even on your shoulder and no pain....very light.....
    post some pics as soon as you can....
    shooter

4. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello Lee, welcome here ! I too take pictures with a red G1, which actually belongs to my wife. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun with your G1.

5. LeeOsenton

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Thank you all for the welcome. I have my new gear! The G1 with 14-45mm, 45-200mm, and a Nissin Di466 flash. I am overwhelmed by the camera and my early efforts have been promising, here is my favorite so far, many more to come!

Lee

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. adam

adam Mu-43 Regular

Apr 21, 2010
    Maryland
    Congrats!

I've been an mFT shooter for a few months now...the only thing I've found at all lacking about it compared to my old Canon 40D is the autofocus speed...and I'm getting better as I shoot more...

7. oldnikkor

oldnikkor Mu-43 Regular

Mar 28, 2010
    Washington DC suburbs
    As another Red G1 user, welcome! I use mine primarily with every other lens I own than the kit lens, although the kit lens is really fine. It's just that I can use all my old glass, so why not use that first? Please immediately buy adapters for any other lenses you own.

8. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Congratulations Lee, and welcome to the home of m4/3rds! :friends:

You're off to a great start :2thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

9. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and a belated welcome - nice work with the G1 - are the red ones faster?

10. LeeOsenton

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Haha, no. But Amazon is pricing the G1s differently based on color. And the deal changes several times per week. I bought mine with the 14-45 for $500. I guess it is the G2 and G10 that are creating odd market conditions for the G1. Now I really like the color... and the camera!

Lee

11. Grant

Grant Mu-43 Veteran

I read the title of this thread and all I could think of is a room filled with photographers, all standing around, while I rose to my feet and said, "Hi, I am Grant and I haven't touched my D300 for a week now …"

Ok so I have a twisted sense of humour :biggrin: