Refill Canon Pro 100 Pixma ink cartridges?

Discussion in 'Printing' started by Fmrvette, May 12, 2014.

1. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    I've searched on this one and most information tends to make one believe that the refill ink kits from Precision Colors

work very well (and very economically) in the Canon Pro 100 printer. (Currently available with paper pack for $398 from B&H with a $300 rebate (in the form of an American Express gift card):

I've never been a fan of refilling ink jet cartridges - but times change and methods improve.

I currently use a now-discontinued Kodak Hero 7 printer and am limited to 8x10 prints. The quality is "good enough" for my use but the thought of acquiring a larger format printer for $98 net intrigues me, and the Princess of the Exchequer has, for once, no objections :wink:.

Of course the concern is the cost of paper and ink - the Kodak is fairly inexpensive to operate (even if not as cheap as Costco prints) and if the refill kits work as well as I've seen reviewed on the web they will go a long way in alleviating my concern about getting in over my head - basically having a $98 boat anchor when the original ink runs out because the cost of replacement ink is greater than that of the printer.

Has anyone first hand experience with the Pro 100 and refilled cartridges?