1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Red hot Model :) Exclusive shots ...

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Bhupinder2002, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Yes ... I decided to shoot my own sexy EPL2 . She looks so gorgeous and black is her fav colour . I wish my oly 45 mm 1.8 was also black.
    Now these are shots with my friend's Sony a580 + SAM 50 mm 1.8 and to be honest I am very impressed with this camera.I was quite reluctant to use it as it was turning me off by its size etc etc.. but performance is quiet good .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

DSC01366.

DSC01369.

DSC01373.

DSC01372.

DSC01374.

DSC01421.

DSC01415.

DSC01375.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    She's a real beauty. A bit topheavy, but we can look past that. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    How did I just KNOW that it was about your E-PL2 Bhupinder ??;) Nice shots...love my Sony Dslr but yes a large lady...

• Like Like x 1
  4. rparmar

rparmar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Limerick, Ireland
    Red looks nice!

Yeah, what's up with these random lens colours and styles.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

No one likes dusty and linty models ...

6. gsciorio

gsciorio Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Miami, FL
    How well does the Panasonic lens work on the Pen?

7. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    I like top heavy. :smile:

8. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    In the words of Paris Hilton...That's hot :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Depends on what you're asking. On my E-P3:

- picture quality is great and I love the field of view. For field of view I could leave it on the camera for most of the time. Colour rendition seems a little cooler to me at times than what I would expect from Olympus lenses but only by a little bit.

- there is a noise with the aperture blades, the "rattlesnake" that much has been said about here and elsewhere. It's not as bad as I expected, and it's intermittent and related to changes in the level of light falling on the sensor as the camera points in different directions from light to shade. Big changes trigger it but on mine it tends to stop in a second or two, and it's also nowhere near as loud as I expected. Different people have different tolerances to the noise so try before you buy.

- it's bigger than the Olympus primes and heavier, so the balance on camera is different. I'm glad I'm using the larger grip on my E-P3 but I'm also glad of that when using the 12 and 45, and even my 17. After using it almost non-stop for a while, I put the 12 on my E-P3 for my walk yesterday and kept thinking how much lighter the camera was and how different the balance was. I don't find the 25 objectionable in this regard but it definitely changes the physical feel of the camera.

In my view it works well for me on my E-P3 and I really like the picture results which are of a similar standard in image quality to the 12 and 45 in my view though sometimes with that slightly cooler colour rendition that I mentioned. Physically with the "rattlesnake" noise and the weight/balance factor it's a very different experience to shooting with an Olympus prime such as the 12 or 45 but I don't find the experience objectionable. Would I jump for an Olympus 1.4 25mm if they released one with a similar size/weight factor to the 12 and 45 and with matching picture quality to those lenses? Most probably yes if I could get a good price for the PL 25, not because I'm unhappy with the 25 but simply because I really like the feel and balance of the camera with the Olympus primes on it. The difference physically is one between "good" and "nice", there's just something I find personally appealing about the feel and balance of the E-P3 with the Olympus primes. The E-P3 with the 25 mounted feels solid and dependable to me, with the Olympus primes it feels equally solid and dependable but also "light on its feet" in some way. I think that's definitely a personal factor so YMMV.

Because of the physical factors I'd suggest you try before you buy but if those are acceptable to you and you want a FF 50mm equivalent, then it won't disappoint you.

10. Bhupinder2002

I would say PENelope Cruz.. Lol

11. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Haha that was a good one!

12. Bhupinder2002

It works very well and I am not bothered by so called rattle snake sound . This PL25 mm lens is a bit heavy and bigger but it balances the camera more . The only two things which I miss about Panny 20 mm are some wide coverage and its pancake size which would easily slide into my jean pocket.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder