Red Dot Sight Side Mount - Gear Identification Help

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Lcrunyon, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Lcrunyon

Lcrunyon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 4, 2014
    I am intrigued by this picture (Link), and wondered if anyone knew what was being used to mount the EE-1 on the side like that. I can clearly see a Really Right Stuff logo on the mount, but the bottom plate the RRS mount is attached to is something else.

I think I would really like a cold shoe mount attachable to the side of the RRS L-Plate. One of my minor beefs with the EE-1 is the amount of movement it takes to go from the sight to the EVF, when the sight is mounted on the camera hot shoe. It's not a major deal, and it's not the only way to use the sight, but it can throw me off the action.

As far as I can tell from the RRS catalogue, the mounts they have would not be oriented the right way, but they or another Arca-Swiss compatible company might have another solution. The Japanese seem to be coming up with all sorts of ways to mount this thing.

The method on the picture might obstruct the lens buttons or maybe even eyesight, but I'd still like to try out something like that.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Gary5

Gary5 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 15, 2014
    The article says the bracket is an Etsumi E-6672:
    I have a 3D printed left-eye mount, which requires the RRS baseplate for EM-1 or EM-5. I expect the Etsumi mount is sturdier, but the 3D printed one works fine for me. I personally think it's ten times easier to use than a hot-shoe mount.

Weaver rail for BOEM-1 (OM-D M1) or BOEM-5 (OM-D M by Kabe on Shapeways
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 2
    • Like Like x 1