Red "circular" dot in my videos made with the GX85

frangojones

Mu-43 Rookie
The fact that you're asking for swabs indicates you are looking to clean your sensor, that's what I was trying to say as the lenspen can clean. Not just dust only but everything including oils and debris.

I still want to look at my sensor with a magnifying glass because with the naked eye I can not see anything of dirt or any of it .. I was wanting to avoid moving the sensor for fear of worsening the situation.

frangojones

Mu-43 Rookie
the weirdest thing is that I took the picture with the lens cap and the red circle doesn't appear. Appears only when the background is white.

KBeezie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Karl Blessing
The fact that you're asking for swabs indicates you are looking to clean your sensor, that's what I was trying to say as the lenspen can clean. Not just dust only but everything including oils and debris.

Reason something like a one time use swab would be better than a lens pen is because you're less likely to drag debris/dirt/etc around the sensor scratching it.

Tool Crazy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Reason something like a one time use swab would be better than a lens pen is because you're less likely to drag debris/dirt/etc around the sensor scratching it.
The same can be said of a swab as it too can drag debris already on the lens, that's why it's always a good idea to clean a lenspen with a blower after each use and replace after they no longer clean.

Also, if you are uncomfortable about cleaning your sensor yourself, take it to a professional.

KBeezie

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Karl Blessing
The same can be said of a swab as it too can drag debris already on the lens, that's why it's always a good idea to clean a lenspen with a blower after each use and replace after they no longer clean.

Also, if you are uncomfortable about cleaning your sensor yourself, take it to a professional.
I'll usually also dab a lens pen into a clean microfiber cloth after a while tool for the purpose of transferring any oils it may have built up.

Latest threads

Top Bottom