Record Store Day 2012

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by chicks, Apr 21, 2012.

1. chicks

chicks Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2012
    The Big Valley, CA
    Anoyone else still listen to records? I have about 800, always looking for more. A few snapshots of one of the better stores in town. Lots of youngsters, which is encouraging.

Image browser

• Like Like x 3
  2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    What a nice looking store.

I'm pretty exhausted. My store is probably 1/4 the size, but we had 2 times as many people in it. It was a crazy day. This is a shot of it all empty.....and this is the whole store. At times there were around 30 people packed in here......
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/lukinosity/5541914872/" title="Sepia Bullseye by Lukinosity (not around much..... too much work), on Flickr">"640" height="433" alt="Sepia Bullseye"></a>

• Like Like x 8
  3. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    didn't know bout this til after the day, but i usually go hunting for vinyl bout once a week

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    A buddy and I made a couple stops on Record Store Day. Electric Fetus in Minneapolis is usually the big draw... they seem to get a lot of the Record Day stuff and have bands and food trucks going all day. Great for people watching, hanging out, and listening to music, but not good for any of the limited releases unless you go there early. A buddy dropped off his kid at 7:30am and he was number 175 in line (handed out numbers, very organized)).

We also dropped by Treehouse Records, where I was able to pick up the new/re-release Uncle Tupelo albums on vinyl. Good stuff! :biggrin:

I had my E-P3 with me, but both places were too jammed too get much for pictures.

Really cool shot of an awesome looking shop, Luke. I will definitely stop if I find myself in Milwaukee. Happen to have a copy of Let it Be but The Replacements? :biggrin: The one I have is pretty sketchy.

5. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I brought my camera to work hoping to document the day. It was just too effing busy to get any decent shots. During this momentary lull, I shot this turd by holding the camera over everyone's heads to try to capture the scene........
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/lukinosity/7107330567/" title="DSCF8037-HDR by Lukinosity (not around much..... too much work), on Flickr"> 7107330567_7e46736279_c. "800" height="450" alt="DSCF8037-HDR"></a>

6. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I just bought a guy's Replacements collection (I'm not 100% sure he had that one, though....I'll take a look). They are all pristine. How can you NOT find a copy in the Twin Cities?

• Like Like x 1
  7. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

I am a big vinyl head but I stay out of the stores on RSD as a favor to my friends who work there ;)

edit: also, if I put too many more records in here, the floor's gonna fall in

8. lubov

lubov Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 4, 2011
    Here's where I was, from another vinyl junkie.

9. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    Ooh, now I know where Luke works and I can stalk him (if I ever go to Milwaukee).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    you ever go to poobahs?