Reconditioned Pro Binoculars

Sammyboy

m43 Pro
.... I would also like to see them discounted ..... the questions I have are:
1. is the body made of plastic or magnesium?
2. are they tripod adaptable?

Information and specs from Olympus on many of their products and accessories is absolutely terrible .....

Quadna71

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I agree. I currently have a set of Bushnell Legend HD's in 10x42 but my wife said we should get another pair of binocs before we take our cruise up the Alaskan coast next year. I can't see any reason to have two identical pair, so was looking at the 8x42 that Oly came out with. That way we have variety and options on the other 358 days of the year. But like you said there is little to no info out there on them.

Quadna71

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I nothing of value is out there then I'm not sure I want to be the guinea pig for them. Might as well just get another set of Bushnells in 8x42, you know?

Sammyboy

m43 Pro
.... I know what you mean about not wanting to be the guinea pig ..... last year I was thinking about getting the Olympus Pro 8x42, but due to the lack of info on them I bought a pair of Celestron 8x42 Trailseekers that were on sale for just over $150.00 .... weather proof, rubber coated magnesium body and tripod adaptable .... I might add that I also have a pair of black Leica Trinovid 10x42 and the red (rare) 8x32 Trinovid along with Minolta 8x30 compact, Minolta 8x30 Mariner and the Olympus 8x25 WP compact ..... yes, I have a sickness :biggrin: .....

Last edited:

ac12

Mu-43 Legend
What interests me today are the stabilized binoculars.
While I can hold a camera and long lens steady, I CANNOT hold a binocular steady. Anything above 5x and I get visually seasick from the wobble.

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
Anyone seen the new pro binocs come through the reconditioned section on Olympus' website? I'm interested in them but would be more interested in them at a discount.
I got a pair using some points, because there was nothing else I wanted. I forget which ones, but they are a decent set, but I don't really use them. I based my decision on reviews. Mine were not refurbs fwiw.

Real Name
Walter
What interests me today are the stabilized binoculars.
While I can hold a camera and long lens steady, I CANNOT hold a binocular steady. Anything above 5x and I get visually seasick from the wobble.

Canon has some IS binoculars. Pricey, but stabilized for exactly those reasons. I'd have a hard time holding 10x or above. 8x is my limit.
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/list/binoculars/is-binoculars

I guess there are several makers.
https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-image-stabilized-binoculars

Real Name
Curt Schimmels
Last summer, I bought the Olympus Pathfinder EXPS I 12x50 binoculars. They have a "ruggedized" rubber outer shell for grip, but they are quite solid. I don't know how they compare to whatever you're seeing on the Olympus refurbished page as I'm not familiar with that page. I'm very happy with them and use them for birding, sports, etc.

Gsansoucie

Mu-43 Regular
I have a pair of the original Canon 10x30 IS binocs I bought off Amazon back in 2003 (give or take a year) primarily for astronomy use, however, I love them so much, they have been in use for just about everything ever since, from hunting, shooting, bird watching, fishing, hiking, astronomy, viewing, etc. I’ve heard some not so great things about the Mark 2 version, but can only say that after 17 or so years with these, I’d by them again in a heartbeat if something happened to them.

Latest threads

Top Bottom