Recommened Bokeh Lenses for EPL1?

shoturtle

there in multiple ways to get bokeh. You can use a zoom, and if you get good seperation of you subject and background, the longer zoom lenses can do it well.

If you are indoors, a big aperture lens can be helpful. Something like a 50mm would work nicely. The 20 1.7 is good, but you need to be closer to your subject.

gilastrud

New to Mu-43
Hi thanks for replying, I'm looking for a lens with depth field for example, the canon EF 85mm. That lens is great for bokeh. The pancake lens is awesome too. Wanna know if you adapt the canon EF 85mm to my pen?

twalker294

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi thanks for replying, I'm looking for a lens with depth field for example, the canon EF 85mm. That lens is great for bokeh. The pancake lens is awesome too. Wanna know if you adapt the canon EF 85mm to my pen?
First of all, a quick lesson in terms. Depth of field is something that all lenses have. There is a very good explanation of depth of field here.

Yes you can adapt the 85mm Canon to an EPL1 but it will give you a field of view equivalent of a 170mm lens, which is a medium telephoto. Remember the crop factor on a micro 4/3 camera is 2x.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom