1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Recommened Bokeh Lenses for EPL1?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by gilastrud, Jan 5, 2011.

1. gilastrud

gilastrud New to Mu-43

Dec 31, 2010
    Ely, United Kingdom
    Hey Everyone! I have an EPL1 and was wondering which lens gives great bokeh? Please share your pictures with your bokeh!

2. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    there in multiple ways to get bokeh. You can use a zoom, and if you get good seperation of you subject and background, the longer zoom lenses can do it well.

If you are indoors, a big aperture lens can be helpful. Something like a 50mm would work nicely. The 20 1.7 is good, but you need to be closer to your subject.

3. gilastrud

gilastrud New to Mu-43

Dec 31, 2010
    Ely, United Kingdom
    Hi thanks for replying, I'm looking for a lens with depth field for example, the canon EF 85mm. That lens is great for bokeh. The pancake lens is awesome too. Wanna know if you adapt the canon EF 85mm to my pen?

4. briandforever

briandforever Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2010
    hi,

if you have the budget 85mm will be great, but the cropping will be very tight :)

here is sample from other forum that i've found:
    nikkor 85mm with m4/3

5. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    First of all, a quick lesson in terms. Depth of field is something that all lenses have. There is a very good explanation of depth of field here.

Yes you can adapt the 85mm Canon to an EPL1 but it will give you a field of view equivalent of a 170mm lens, which is a medium telephoto. Remember the crop factor on a micro 4/3 camera is 2x.