1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Recommendations on 42mm+ zoom for G5

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by davidedric, Dec 28, 2013.

1. davidedric

davidedric Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2013
    Cheshire, UK
    Dave
    Hi,

A bit of background to position the question. I recently bought a refurbished G5 with the 14-42mm v.II zoom, to see how I found it as a carry everywhere camera. I also wanted to see how we got on, before deciding whether to keep it as a single lens set-up, add a lens or two and keep in parallel with my dslr kit, or even cut over from (APS-C) dslr to mu4/3. There are a lot of things that I like about the camera, and not much I don't, so I think I need to take the next step (for me) and add a longer zoom, leaving exploring primes and top-end lenses for later.

I'm off on holiday in the middle of February, and would like to have a two lens kit by then.I would use the kit for general photography and landscapes (not planning for wildlife and birds, which is what I also do a lot of).

Hope you are still with me, but I wanted to position where I am at.

So, there seem to be a number of possibilities with Panasonic native lenses:

45-150mm, 45-175mm, 45-200mm, or even (at a rather different price point) 14-140mm. Any of those lenses would fit the bill so far as focal lengths are concerned (obviously, the 14-140 would take me back to a single lens solution).

My main concern would be to maximise IQ within the limits of this kind of glass.

Any suggestions to help choose would be gratefully received (including another manufacturer, so long as I retain AF and IS).

Dave

2. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Superstriker#8

Superstriker#8 Mu-43 Regular

Jun 24, 2013
    I have the 45-150, its pretty good imo, but im always wishing for an extra ~50mm, would post some images, but I haven't figured out how yet.

4. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    • Like Like x 1