Recommendation for a cheap camera grip for E-PL5?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by acmilan77051, Jan 9, 2015.

1. acmilan77051

acmilan77051 Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 2, 2014
    I'm ordering a used E-PL5 from ebay. But it doesn't include the camera grip. So i'll have to buy a separate camera grip. Anyone can recommend where i can find a cheap one? Thanks.
  2. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Olympus makes a slightly larger replacement grip that fits the E-PL5. It made a difference over the stock grip, but it is not going to act like a large external grip (which I am not sure there are any in the market).

Good luck,

3. anfyrt

anfyrt Mu-43 Regular

Mar 20, 2014
    Russia (alas)
    Olympus MCG-2. As far as I know, it fits to both e-p3 and e-pl5.
  4. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    +1 on the Olympus MCG-2, makes all the difference.
  5. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Can't go wrong with MCG-2.

EDIT: Disclaimer: The MCG-2 serves me great with my E-PL5. Definitely more appropriate than the original grip (although that thing looks amazing). But don't coun't on (even the bigger) grip getting you through the entire day of shooting. I'm still forced to use the pinky finger below the camera body, even with my girly hands. So if i'm shooting all day, my hands will cramp a bit at the end of the day.
  6. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Alabama, USA
    +2 on the Olympus MCG-2! I used to shoot with the EPL5 and this grip made a great improvement on hand holding this fine camera. It was designed for the EP3 camera but fits the EPL5 perfectly. It also comes in 2 colors, black and beige.