Recommend FlipBac grips...great service too !

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Minniesmum, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    Last week ordered a Flipbac G2 grip for my E-PL3. It arrived within 4 days and fits great. Also very cheap. I'm in the UK so was surprised at the short delivery time. Excellent product and service !

Cath

2. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I have three Flipbac grips: G1 on Olympus OX-1, G4 on E-PM1 and G3 as spare. Took me three tries to find the one I wanted for E-PM1, hence the extra one :redface:

I agree they're nice little grips! Not as fancy as the Franiec models I've had on Canons, but functional and cost-effective. Highly recommended.

• Like Like x 1
  3. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    I got the G2 for my E-PM1 and am thinking I'd rather have the G1. Chuck, is the G4 any larger than the G1?

Edit: Found the answer! The G1-3 measure 38x22x6mm, and the G4 measures 39x27x7mm. I find myself wishing the grip were larger on my e-PM1, so I guess I'll be ordering the G4.

• Like Like x 1
  4. crsnydertx

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I tried the G1 first; didn't feel quite right. Then I tried the G3; that didn't feel right either. Was going to give up when I saw they had just come out with the G4; ordered it, installed it - PERFECT.

p.s. I'm really picky with grip ergonomics - guess you can tell that. I like a straight vertical grip, not a contoured one; the latter seems more like a finger rest than a true gripping surface.

• Like Like x 2
  5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Me too, Chuck, thanks! :smile: The G2 feels awfully small on the E-PM1, and my 40-150R is in the mail, so I'd like something a little larger. I'm hoping that little extra gripping surface makes it easier to handhold the longer lens.

6. crsnydertx

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    One thing you have going for you: the 40-150 is among the smallest and lightest telezooms available. The lens pairs up very nicely with the E-PM1.

• Like Like x 1
  7. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    This is great news! I've been hoping the lens would be OK on my E-PM1. :smile:

BTW, My Flipbac G4 arrived a little while ago. I can get a much better grip on the camera with the G4 than I did with the G2. I prefer the nubby texture to the smooth G2 as well.

8. beckyi90

beckyi90 Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2012
    Stockton, UK
    That was quick, I ordered my set of three last week. hopeful to receivethem soon now! if only i didnt have to send my camera back....

9. skao

skao New to Mu-43

May 25, 2012
    Could you provide a few pictures Cath? I am also thinking about getting the G2 for my E-PL3, but I'm not sure about the size on that camera. I would be very interested in front-view, side-view and one where the camera is held with the grip...
    I would be interested in how the G4 looks on the E-PM1. Thanks so much in advance.

10. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    UK
    I will do ! It's on a silver body so the pics will be clear.

11. arch stanton

arch stanton Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    London
    Malc
    I've just added a G2 to my e-pl3 as well, well worth it and it feels quite secure.

I've got big-ish hands and could have done with a slightly taller one.

12. fast25

fast25 New to Mu-43

Jan 15, 2012
    I would also be interested in seeing what the G4 looks like on the camera. I'm thinking about one for my E-PL3 but want to get an idea of the size first!

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

13. crsnydertx

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I have the G4 on my E-PM1. For me, it was the perfect choice. I think I have a photo of it I can post.

Let's see if this works:

62c223ae-b0bb-bceb.

14. pheaukus

pheaukus Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    +1

G4 on Aki Asahi skin on PL3.
    With heavier lenses I often hold the camera in my fist, thumb on shutter button. This would not be possible without the grip.

15. pheaukus

pheaukus Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    PL3 with Aki Asahi skin, Flipback G4, some gaffers tape, Gordon's lug mount strap, FOTGA Nikon adapter, Nikon 24mm f/2.8 AF-D lens with lens-hood :smile:

[​IMG]
    (sorry cam phone image)

16. beckyi90

beckyi90 Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2012
    Stockton, UK
    I love mine, just put the g3 on and it really makes a difference, got the g2 for sale in uk for £7 posted if anyone's interested

image-1443391552.