1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Recommend a Nikkor F mount Adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by TexChappy, Jul 6, 2012.

1. TexChappy

TexChappy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2012
    I've got a lot of glass in my Nikon F2 photomic bag and like to give them a try on my new OM-D. Want a good adaptor as not to damage lens or new camera.

I also have an industar m39 mount and will probably want some leica glass/film gear in future so same question for LTM lenses.

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    There are a pretty wide range of adapters available in the market, particularly for the more widely-used mounts. At the high end, there are adapters from Novoflex and Voightlander that cost US$200-300. On the low end you can search on eBay and turn up plenty for around $20.

Some common problems that one might experience with adapters are:
    • Lack of ability to focus to infinity
    • Ability to focus past "infinity" (this is more common)
    • Loose connection between lens and adapter or adapter and body
    • Inability to remove lens from adapter once attached.
    I don't have any Nikon lenses, but I have several other adapters and I personally have chosen to go the $20 eBay route and I've had good luck. I would bet that that the more expensive adapters are manufactured to tighter tolerances. It comes down to a matter of how valuable your lenses are (I wouldn't want to attach a $5,000 Leica lens with a $20 adapter) and how much "performance" and craftsmanship you're willing to pay for.

3. pheaukus

pheaukus Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    I got a FOTGA m43-Nikon adapter via Ebay. It works good on Nikon E 50mm 1.8, Nikon 24mm 2.8 AF-D and Soligor 75-260 4.5. With this adapter, my E-Series 50mm 1.8 focus ring numbering does not match actual distances though. It focuses past infinity. I have not checked that for the other lenses yet.

4. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Voightlander.:thumbup:

5. ascherjim

ascherjim Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2010
    Fotodiox is my source for adapters for my Nikon lenses. I also use the Fotodiox shift adapter, with great pleasure for simple panorama photos without parallax distortion.

6. campbellcj

campbellcj Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.