Recommend a Nikkor F mount Adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by TexChappy, Jul 6, 2012.

1. TexChappy

TexChappy Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2012
    I've got a lot of glass in my Nikon F2 photomic bag and like to give them a try on my new OM-D. Want a good adaptor as not to damage lens or new camera.

I also have an industar m39 mount and will probably want some leica glass/film gear in future so same question for LTM lenses.
  2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    There are a pretty wide range of adapters available in the market, particularly for the more widely-used mounts. At the high end, there are adapters from Novoflex and Voightlander that cost US$200-300. On the low end you can search on eBay and turn up plenty for around $20.

Some common problems that one might experience with adapters are:
    • Lack of ability to focus to infinity
    • Ability to focus past "infinity" (this is more common)
    • Loose connection between lens and adapter or adapter and body
    • Inability to remove lens from adapter once attached.
    I don't have any Nikon lenses, but I have several other adapters and I personally have chosen to go the $20 eBay route and I've had good luck. I would bet that that the more expensive adapters are manufactured to tighter tolerances. It comes down to a matter of how valuable your lenses are (I wouldn't want to attach a $5,000 Leica lens with a $20 adapter) and how much "performance" and craftsmanship you're willing to pay for.
  3. pheaukus

pheaukus Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2012
    I got a FOTGA m43-Nikon adapter via Ebay. It works good on Nikon E 50mm 1.8, Nikon 24mm 2.8 AF-D and Soligor 75-260 4.5. With this adapter, my E-Series 50mm 1.8 focus ring numbering does not match actual distances though. It focuses past infinity. I have not checked that for the other lenses yet.
  4. ascherjim

ascherjim Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 10, 2010
    Fotodiox is my source for adapters for my Nikon lenses. I also use the Fotodiox shift adapter, with great pleasure for simple panorama photos without parallax distortion.
  5. campbellcj

campbellcj Mu-43 Regular

Jun 30, 2012
    I just got the Voigtlander one from CameraQuest and it is well-built and works as advertised. I got it specifically to use my 85mm f/1.4D on the OM-D. 170mm effective field-of-view at f/1.4 in such a relatively small kit is extremely interesting to me.

Olympus OM-D E-M5 with Nikon 85mm f/1.4D by cjcam, on Flickr