Rechargable batteries

eolake

Mu-43 Regular
I tried rechargeable batteries back in 2000, and have not used any since, because they sucked donkey dong through a dirty diaper. But according to all reports (many), times have changed, and the Sanyo Eneloop batteries rock on all fronts, power, speed, holding a charge, and economy. I've already ordered a bunch and a charger.
(Amazon UK link.)

By the way, I like the kooky but memorable name, and the pleasant and simple design of these batteries.

Attachments

• eneloop.jpg
    eneloop.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 179

texascbx

Mu-43 Veteran
I bought a set when I owned a Canon. But I sent the Canon back and got a G1 Panasonic.

Dad3*3

Mu-43 Rookie
Eneloops are great and at one time the only game in town. Now there are choices and one of the best bang for the buck is or was the Rayovac 4 hybrid, low self discharge. The Eneloops are rated at 2000 mHa and they do come up at that. The Rayovac's are rated at 2100 mHa and the ones I have tested have all come to that or more. Not a big difference but every little bit helps.

The Rayovac 4 batteries were packaged in a quite confusing manner that some speculate was a marketing move by Rayovac to take a market share away from some of their competitors. Before Christmas there were some sales that ended up about $1.25 per battery compared to roughly $3.00 per battery for Eneloops.

Anyway, lots of competition now to choose from but they do work and the low self discharge feature is great. No special chargers either!

Latest threads

Top Bottom