1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Recently joined and missed this step...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by peter_4059, Jan 12, 2019.

1. peter_4059

peter_4059 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2018
    Brisbane, Australia
    Peter
    Hi all,

I've been posting elsewhere on this forum for a couple of weeks and realised I skipped over the introduction so thought I'd do it now. I'm reasonably new to M43 despite owning the EM10 II for a couple of years. I wasn't using it a lot (bought mainly for travel) and I hadn't spend any time learning about what it was capable of. My previous camera was a Cannon 400D so this is quite a leap in technology.

I've been involved mainly in astro photography for about 10 years and have an 80mm f6 Apo, a 250mm f4 Schmidt Newtonian and a dedicated QSI683ws8 astrophotography camera all on an EQ8 German Equatorial Mount for that.

After carrying the Cannon and a couple of lenses to Antarctica in 2016, I decided I'd prefer something more compact and preferably a single zoom travel lens to avoid lens changes while on the go. A couple of months later I purchased the EM10 II and the 14-150 zoom. The EM10 came with the triple lens kit so I also have the 45mm f1.8 and the two kit lenses however I suspect these won't get much use going forward. We did a trip to Norway and Finland in October to view the Northern lights and I picked up a Laowa 7.5mm f2 specifically for that. It is also great for wide field fixed tripod astro imaging.

I've always been fascinated with insect macro photography and was given the 60mm Macro for Christmas and have been on that learning curve since.

I've done a lot of post processing for Astrophotography, initially with PS and more recently with Pixinsight however I've never done any significant PP for regular photography so I'm about to embark on that.

Anyway, I'm enjoying seeing the different images and getting some great advice on how to progress from the members here so thanks.

Peter

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.