recently commited!

Magua

Mu-43 Regular
After the demise of Pentax (which I shot for years) I began to look around. I discovered m4/3 and thought I'd give it a go. I picked up a used epl-6 on the bay for a couple of hundred bucks to see if it might be for me. STEEP LEARNING CURVE!!!!! But I was determined and after about a year have decided to go the whole hog. I've lurked here a while and this seems like a great place w/a lot of good info. Magua

coffeecat

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rob
Welcome! It’s a great choice of system, and I agree this is a great “place” to hang out.

Rob

longviewer

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
Pentax is dead? Again?!? :eek: Hm my K-50 is still working. :p
Nice thing about Lumix gear is the older stuff uses the same odd USB as Pentax, so it's a nice dual system for me. Olympus gear has the still-image-centric rugged 'rep' like Pentax but both will do excellent work. The Lumix learning curve is a bit gentler but newer stuff has menus as thick as Oly.. but no cryptic 3-fish, 1-fish option :laugh:

Magua

Mu-43 Regular
Pentax is dead? Again?!? :eek: Hm my K-50 is still working. :p
Nice thing about Lumix gear is the older stuff uses the same odd USB as Pentax, so it's a nice dual system for me. Olympus gear has the still-image-centric rugged 'rep' like Pentax but both will do excellent work. The Lumix learning curve is a bit gentler but newer stuff has menus as thick as Oly.. but no cryptic 3-fish, 1-fish option :laugh:
HA! My K-50 still works as well but it's about to be a goner. It's a boat anchor compared to my (new to me kit.) Great weatherproof beast though. I truly wish Pentax had jumped into the m4/3 consortium instead of spending millions on their own compact, the Q, only to watch it fail. Makes me sad.

Phocal

God
Yes, I did hear that! But like you, I slog around the woods a lot and the weight difference was too enticing. Love your work, btw.

First, welcome to the forum.

Second, glad you saw the humor in my post.

Third, thanks. Greatly appreciate the comment.

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
After the demise of Pentax (which I shot for years).... I discovered m4/3 and thought I'd give it a go. I picked up a used epl-6 on the bay for a couple of hundred bucks to see if it might be for me. STEEP LEARNING CURVE!!!!!
Try a Panasonic, the first one in m43 and it felt intuitive from my first day ...

Magua

Mu-43 Regular
Try a Panasonic, the first one in m43 and it felt intuitive from my first day ...

I may...right now I'm still in lens collection mode. You know the old saying...You date bodies but marry your lenses.

Just ignore anything with fish... you'll be fine.

Yes...one fish, two fish, blue fish, screw fish!

Welcome, I've only been here a short while. I've found it to be a nice busy forum which stops it becoming parochial.

Edit: it does give me GAS though :)

Long time sufferer of GAS. In fact you could say I have a condition. (which wouldn't be so bad, if Id bother to sell off some older stuff first!)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

coffeecat

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rob
Yes - I too have that condition, where you can never ever sell photgraphic equipment. It's terrible...

Latest threads

Top Bottom