Recent Offer - Free 45mm Lens

When I bought my M5iii earlier this year, Olympus were running an offer of a free 45mm lens. I applied for the lens using the online claim form and received an acknowledgement of the claim from Olympus.

Waited 44 days as advised. No lens.

So I emailed UK support, including a copy of their acknowledgement email, only to receive a reply saying they couldn't find my claim and are looking into it.

Am I alone in this? Has anyone else claimed for and received their free 45mm lens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi,

I bought the same camera and got the free lens. This took about a month after filling in the (digital) forms on the olympus site .

regards
Cor
Thanks for that. Nice to know that the system is working somewhere and the rough timescale! Given the current situation, I waited a full 44 days before querying non arrival. Now I'll just wait for a response.

CorBee

New to Mu-43
Did you see at least a status change ? I just checked, filled in the necessary forms at 19th of may (including my adress and a copy of the bill). All communications were with [email protected]. Than at 28th of may I got a confirmation that my request for the promotion was accepted and that the delivery could take 30 days.

Did you get any response after filing the forms ?

One of the things I initially forgot was to add my postal adress, it seems that wsa hidden during the initial request. I added that on the 27th ... dont know if that triggered the message from the 28th

Last edited:
Did you see at least a status change ? I just checked, filled in the necessary forms at 19th of may (including my adress and a copy of the bill). All communications were with [email protected]. Than at 28th of may I got a confirmation that my request for the promotion was accepted and that the delivery could take 30 days.

Did you get any response after filing the forms ?

One of the things I initially forgot was to add my postal adress, it seems that wsa hidden during the initial request. I added that on the 27th ... dont know if that triggered the message from the 28th
Yes, I received an acknowledgement email 24th May from Olympus 'support services' instructing to me to "just sit back and relax". I copied their email back to them after 44 days as per their message: 30 days delivery time + 14 days to account for delays due to Covid 19. I was expecting a response by now but so far, nothing. Not feeling too 'relaxed' at the moment.

The good news is that lens arrived today thanks to Miriam at Olympus UK. The bad news is that my 'thank you' email to [email protected] bounced back. I sincerely hope this is a server config glitch and not an indication of the erosion of Olympus' services following the recent announcement. Anyway, new toy to play with.....

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom